Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Caldwell
    Guest replied
    This should provide a direct link to the download. http://digihouse.homeip.net/request.php?13
    The serial communications seems very fast to me. The protocol does support polling status. There is a couple functions in the script that shows polling source and volume level. I have heard that mainLobby supports the cav6.6 very well, but haven't tried it myself. All I wanted at the time was a simple asp page for some control. Right now I just use my russound for some basic features. I need to finish some major home renovations before I can get the full use from the equipment. As I see a need or use I may add more options later. I'm always open to suggestions for scripts and pages I write.

Leave a comment:

• pkoslow
    replied
    Bill - Thanks... get that mixer plugged in!!!

Don - Thanks for the extra info about the Paging input. I am a ML user and have read through the threads a couple times at the Cinemar site... looks very interesting and seems like you might be able to get my without the keypads in rooms where you have touch screen running ML.

Tom - I took a look sometime last week on your site, but couldn't find the CAV6.6 stuff on your download site... maybe I overlooked it, I'll check for it again.

From the docs, looks like the CAV6.6's serial protocol is only one way... no way to poll status like on my Biamp SPM723 preamp. Some of the things I'm cooking up in my head would require 2-way communication to the unit.

Question: Is the serial protocol fast enough that you may be able to simulate fading a source back up setting the volume to zero, changing source and then increasing the volume a few times to get it back to a normal level.

Thanks again to all,
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Tom Caldwell
    Guest replied
    If someone wanted some code to look at. Theres an asp page available on my websites download page for controlling the basics. Functions in there for opening and closeing the comport,changing the volume,source,zones.

Leave a comment:

• dschoppe
    replied
    Originally posted by pkoslow
    Does the switch back from the page input (TTS) happen abruptly, or does it fade back into the zones source music? My current setup fades back which is nice and sounds very professional, but I doubt the CAV6.6. does this?
    Paul,

Unfortunately, both the page-on and page-off happen abruptly; no fading in or out. It does seem to work pretty well otherwise.

In regards to the RNET protocol, I believe somebody has already written a plug-in for MainLobby, but none that I know of for HomeSeer natively.

Regards,
    Don

Leave a comment:

• Bill Brower
    replied
    Paul,

You are definitely the audio king.

Thanks for hooking me up with the MPAII mixer, perhaps someday I'll have a chance to mess with it.

Take care, Bill

Leave a comment:

• pkoslow
    replied
    Shaurya - I'll check out Worthington's message board... I didn't realize they had one. I do go to the Applied Digital site from time to time, I'll do some searching there as well.

Don - Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize the CAV6.6 could sense signal on the pager input... that certainly makes things easier, but wouldn't support sending TTS to specific zones.

Does the switch back from the page input (TTS) happen abruptly, or does it fade back into the zones source music? My current setup fades back which is nice and sounds very professional, but I doubt the CAV6.6. does this?

I took a look at the serial protocol this afternoon and it's looks straight-forward, but seems to be missing commands to set volume to specific levels (only increase or decrease). This isn't a show stopper, but would be nice to be able to set zones to "specific" volumes, or at least have a few presets you could use to get things to a known state.

I've been really temped to get the CAV6.6, but in all reality, I'll probably wait until I move next as what I have in place is working very well.

Thanks,
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• dschoppe
    replied
    Hello Paul,

I have the CAV6.6 and I'm currently using the page input to send TTS to all zones. I haven't done much with TTS yet - just a few announcements and caller ID (HomeSeer Phone).

The CAV6.6 page input does support signal sense or a 12V trigger I believe. I'm using signal sense currently, and have not yet experimented with the 12V trigger.

Don

Leave a comment:

• shaurya
    replied
    Hello Paul,

As you know I am still freshman in this territory, still my 2 cents -

As I have the similar issue I was searching for solution and found that http://www.worthingtonsolutions.com discussion forum has lot of discussion on this topic. Also Ocelet forum http://www.appdig.com/adicon_new/ocelot_faqs.htm has lot of disucssion on this topic.

Due to my lack of knowledge & expertise I could make out very little from those posts. May be you can.

Thanks,
    Shaurya

Leave a comment:

• pkoslow
    started a topic Russound CAV6.6 and TTS

Russound CAV6.6 and TTS

I'm interested to hear from anyone that my have a Russound CAV6.6 installed for distributed audio and how they are connecting HomeSeer's TTS output for announcements.

Looking at the CAV6.6 docs, I see a couple of ways...
    1. Connect the TTS output from the PC soundcard into the "page" input that automatically overrides the current source. This would play TTS announcements through all the zones (or maybe this can be configured to play only in certain zones). The page input doesn't appear to sense signal to trigger it, so 12v would need to be applied at the start of any TTS announcement to trigger. This would require relay control and scripting for every TTS announcement.
    2. Connect the TTS output from the PC soundcard into any of the 6 standard inputs. This would seem more flexible in that TTS announcements could be played in all zones, or any comination of zones and controlled by the RS-232 interface. This approach would still require scripting for every TTS announcement to switch sources/zones before TTS speaks and then return the zones to the previous souces after completing the announcement.
    If taking the second approach, I expect the RS-232 commands are quick enough to do this on the fly and not slow things down much, but can the CAV6.6 be polled to find out what sources are playing in each zone? This would be required to return all the zones to their previous source once the TTS announcement is complete.

Script outline:
    • Poll CAV6.6 to get current settings (what sources are playing in what zones)
    • Send RS-232 commands to CAV6.6 to set selected zone(s) to the TTS souce
    • hs.speak "HomeSeer is talking in all or part of the house now"
    • Send RS-232 commands to CAV6.6 to revert back to orignal settings
    I think several in the group have these installed???

Anyone willing to share their configuration...

Thanks,
    Paul
Working...
X