Constant Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant Crashing

The first few months I ran HS 1.7, it almost never crashed. Very, very reliable. But the last two months, it crashes almost every day. Rarely during the day, but at night when there are no events running or devices changing.

I have tried deleting the log, and recreating the XML file. Neither had any difference. I should also add that my machine is dedicated to HS, and HS only, it well protected from virii and spyware.

When it crashes, it reports the window below (graphic attached), and the memory address that it can not "read" is fairly consistant.

My wife is about the toss it out the window. Help save my HS.
    Attached Files

When mysterious stuff like this happens and you are sure nothing was recently installed:

0) Test all disk drives
    1) Re install Homeseer
    2) Re install OS

I had a problem like this (actually ran out of memory) and it turned out to be a bad disk drive which hel media and nothing to do with homeseer other than a backup of homeseer was written to it every night.

Comment

Threadhead,
      We need a whole lot more information. Are you running any other plugins? Are you up to date on the Microsoft patches and fixes? What other peripherals are in the machine. 99.9% of all crashes on XP are caused by hardware problems. It could be as simple as updating your sound card drivers to bad memory and everything in between.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My first suspect would be the memory, if you have multiple memory modules in the pc remove a couple and give a try.
        Or Overheating.

StevenE
        Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
          Threadhead,
          We need a whole lot more information. Are you running any other plugins? Are you up to date on the Microsoft patches and fixes? What other peripherals are in the machine. 99.9% of all crashes on XP are caused by hardware problems. It could be as simple as updating your sound card drivers to bad memory and everything in between.
          I'm only running the Elk, UltraLog, HAI RC Thermo, and PowerLink USB plug in. Only the Elk plug-in changes, the others have not changed/updated in quite a while.

My XP SP2 is constantly kept up to date.

The only card in the machine is a COM port extender, and that has been in since day 1, when there were no crashes. I have checked, and there are no other updates for any of the onboard video, sound, or network (Intel MoBo).

When I built the machine, I burned in the RAM with Memtest for 24 hours. Now, that doesn't mean that it hasn't gone bad since so I probably should test it again.

Comment

Well judging from the error something is overwriting HS's memory so I would start by disabling my plugins one by one.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X