No announcement yet.

Ghost Voices (text to speech problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The doubleclick reference I made above probably wasn't correct since I eventually saw that ad here at work.

So it looks like you will need and 'ad' blocker (McAfee Security - Privacy can do this.)

or

Find the Manage Ad-Ons in your IE and disable Flash (mine computer has XP-SP2, maybe that is the difference.)

or

It looks like the ActiveX for Flash is called Flash.ocx, try finding and deleting that if the above don't get you anywhere.

~Bill

Comment

Oh SURE, Stevech.... Thanks Bill... forget the bum. (jk)

The Manage add-ons is from SP-2. I also have to tell you Stevech, that I have done LOADS of sp-2 upgrades with no issues. The major stumbling block for sp-2 is with a Prescott cpu, and an old bios. That will cause your machine to not boot, unless you have updates the BIOS.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skibum:
        Oh SURE, Stevech.... Thanks Bill... forget the bum. (jk)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, who are you? Do we know you? Are you new to the board? BOO-WHA-HA!

~Bill

Comment

It's all about Bill, huh....

Comment

Why not route all the site url's, you want blocked, to localhost in your hosts file. This works for Wintel, Linux, and Macs. If you route with a DNS server in your lan, you only have to do this on that box, and it blocks for the lan.
            ....JG
            3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

stevech,
              As I stated in my first post the proxomitron is no longer supported but I downloaded it 4 years ago and have never upgraded it. It doesn't require support. You pick what you want blocked and it blocks it. It desn't require support once its upgraded. If you look at the site http://www.proxomitron.info/ you'll see why it's no longer supported. The guy that developed it passed away. So this site has picked it up and is continuing to add to it.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Security, can we have this Bum removed! (is that PC to say?)

Take care Ski!

~Bill

Comment

Hey Bill....

Ya know with an attitude like that, I think you would enjoy a visit to skibumsplace.com.
                  Stop bye and say hi to the gang!

Comment

Rupp! I tried Proxomitron - not yet on my HS computer, but on my desktop. With its default filtering, it DID KILL THE &lt;explitive&gt; talking ad!

Neat!

My own IP webcam was no longer visible via the proxy - perhaps because I have that port-mapped to port 23 (to beat some corporate firewalls). I put my domain name into the browser's list of exceptions (don't proxy these IP domains) and that restored it - at least from the LAN side of my router. Need to try it with my laptop on Verizon to try the WAN side.

Thanks!! I have read some about Proxomitroy - complicated but powerful. It might (?) also be configurable as a reverse proxy?

steve

Comment

Working...
                    X