Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone written script to control Nuvo Essentia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone written script to control Nuvo Essentia?

I am new to HS and scripting and I want to create some basic scripts to control my whole house audio system (Nuvo Essentia). For starters, i just want to do the basics like request status of zones, volume up, change sources, etc. I have read through the manual that explains the commands (http://www.nuvotechnologies.com/proz...ls/eD_man7.pdf) and I have just started creating my first script (yea!!). It is a little overwhelming for a non-programmer, but I think I should be able to do it with a little patience and a lot of work. But before I get too deeply into it, is there anyone out there that has written a script for the Nuvo (or other RS232 audio distribution system) that they would care to share with me so I can get some ideas where to start? Or are there some web resources I could look at to "copy/paste/change" a few scripts?

First time I've seen it. The protocol looks straight-forward. The problems that typcially occur is when things get out of sync. When doing handshakes in scripts you will want to employ an event that is started when a command is sent out and then removed when the the acknowledge is received. If the event triggers it means no ack was received so you then need to get back to a known communication state. It may be the case that you never have this type of problem so it may not be worth the additional effort to manage the handshake.

You may also want to be aware of Homeseer's global variables. Variables used in individual scripts only persist during one execution of the script. Global variables persist througout a Homeseer session.

Comment

Working...
    X