X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wpiman
    replied
    Togglelics

I have several of these things and they work well- a couple of things.

They are large- so fitting them into a standard electrical box can be a challenge- especially multiple toggle lincs. I have one that seems to be working its way out of the box- and is pushing the plate back out. If you are going to put in boxes- put in deep ones.

The previous posted said it well- they reside in the middle- push up to get it to dim on- press down to get it to dim down- double hit it in either direction to get a quick on/off. If you hold it- it will dim slowly- and the rate is adjustable. Quality is excellent.

I did have an issue getting the Toggleincs to work with my ACT T103. Depending on the outlet- the Toggleincs would only turn off but not on. I called Smarthome on this- and they recommended I try another X10 transmitter- so I put my old CM11A back in. It's drive strength doesn't match the T103- but now the Togglelincs work.

Leave a comment:

• RAM
    replied
    Originally posted by rayhurst
    I am about to start down the home automation road and the first thing I need to do is get a few switches. My house has non-decora style toggle light switches so I'll probably get the Togglelincs so I can add them slowly without changing the "look" of the house. Here are my questions:

1. Do the Togglelincs have a "rocker" feel to them like a normal light switch, i.e. do they flip up and flip down where they are either on or off? Or do they act like dimers where you could move them 2/3rds up and they would stay there.

2. Are the Togglelincs the same quality/reliability/technology as the Switchlincs? I know Togglelincs are newer and just wanted to make sure if I decided to purchase a lot of them, I would be as happy with the quality as everyone that has had good luck with the Switchlincs.
    1. The lever on the togglelincs sits in the center. You push it up to turn it ON and push it down to turn it OFF. It returns to the center position after being pressed up or down.

2. I have had one for about a year now and it has worked fine, no problems. I have not heard of any problems with them.

They get a positive vote from me. I will be buying more as my budget allows to replace the decora style switches I have in some places now. My wife would like to get them all the same (toggle) style.

Leave a comment:

• rayhurst
    started a topic A few simple questions about Togglelincs

A few simple questions about Togglelincs

I am about to start down the home automation road and the first thing I need to do is get a few switches. My house has non-decora style toggle light switches so I'll probably get the Togglelincs so I can add them slowly without changing the "look" of the house. Here are my questions:

1. Do the Togglelincs have a "rocker" feel to them like a normal light switch, i.e. do they flip up and flip down where they are either on or off? Or do they act like dimers where you could move them 2/3rds up and they would stay there.

2. Are the Togglelincs the same quality/reliability/technology as the Switchlincs? I know Togglelincs are newer and just wanted to make sure if I decided to purchase a lot of them, I would be as happy with the quality as everyone that has had good luck with the Switchlincs.
Working...
X