Caddx DL 900 Software Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddx DL 900 Software Problem

I recently purchased the Caddx NX 8E security system which included the DL 900 software CD. When I insert the CD in my CD ROM drive and try to read it, the computer just freezes. Other CDs work OK on the computer. I also tried the DL 900 CD on 2 other computers and the same thing happens. Is there something wrong with the CD or am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this with the DL 900 software?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RBC:
    I recently purchased the Caddx NX 8E security system which included the DL 900 software CD. When I insert the CD in my CD ROM drive and try to read it, the computer just freezes. Other CDs work OK on the computer. I also tried the DL 900 CD on 2 other computers and the same thing happens. Is there something wrong with the CD or am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this with the DL 900 software? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello RBC!
    Sounds like the CD may be hosed. You can download the latest DL900 software directly from the GE/Caddx web site located Here.

The user credentials are:
    webuser
    care4u

If you have problems let me know and I can e-mail the DL900 software directly to you!

Comment

Thanks Kevin.

I have downloaded the software from the site you suggested using the user credentials you provided. I also went through the installation process and everything seems to have worked OK. However, when I try to use the program, I get a window called "master access" which asks me for "Operator" and "Password". I don't know what to put in these fields. "webuser" and "care4u" do not work here. Any idea what I can do to get the software working? Thanks.

Comment

Any suggestions?

I really would like to get my Caddx-computer connection working and doing all the neat stuff (e.g. Homeseer script) that this would allow. Any ideas on what I can use for "Operator" and "Password" to be able to use the DL 900 software? Thanks

Comment

the Operator will be Caddx and the
          password is 1234. Neither is case sensitive.

this can be found at http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dl...aol.com&rnum=2 or in the DL900 help file DL900.chm.

Comment

have either of you been able to successfully call into your NX-8E remotely? I get the modem tone and can even hear my modem connect at 300 Baud but the panel hangs up on me right away. i use an AT+ms=B103 command in my modem init string so it wll use a 300 baud carrier.. im assuming 300 is what I should use?
            -christopher
            PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Working...
            X