Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electron
    replied
    I have the same problem , but I am pretty convinced it is the debounce value in my case, I just have to test this (probably this weekend).

Leave a comment:

• goddard99
    Guest replied
    I am fairly new to HS and don't know what the log entries mean, maybe Rupp or one of the others can give you some info, sorry.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• swc69
    Guest replied
    I've tried two different remotes, same thing.

Dim works from HS console.

And since I'm getting log entries I would assume the remote is working OK.

Here's a log sample again:

info Exec command Living Room Sconces Dim dim:20 extra: 0
    X10 Received C6 (Living Room Sconces) C Dim 0

Do those look correct?

The fact the 'X10 Received' line says 'Dim 0' always bothered me.

Steve C.

Leave a comment:

• goddard99
    Guest replied
    Steve;
    This maybe a stupid question but are the batteries Ok in the remote. Have you tried the dim command from HS rather than the remote?
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• swc69
    Guest replied
    Actually, the switches are set up to come on full bright. (And the LED bar at the side of the switch goes al the way to the top when it is first turned on).

I've also had the same response on other switches else where in the house, so I was thinking I had something mis-configured in HS.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Steve C,

Leave a comment:

• goddard99
    Guest replied
    Steve,
    I think the problem lies with the switch. Set the on to full bright and the dim should work. The W800 works without a problem, but i think the switch has its pre-set and its fighting the dim command.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• swc69
    Guest started a topic Problem dimming lights with RF remotes and W800

Problem dimming lights with RF remotes and W800

Hey all,

I've got a variety of X10.com RF remotes. I'm using them with a W800 but the and Bright and Dim functions don't seem to work well.

My log will show something like this:

info Exec command Living Room Sconces Dim dim:20 extra: 0
    X10 Received C6 (Living Room Sconces) C Dim 0

I have the W800 configured for Single Bright/Dim per keypress, Dim/Bright step 20%. I'm using a debounce of 15 (if that matters)

If I pound the Dim button on the remote enough it will eventually start to dim the light. I'm using smarthome swtiches, which have the little LED bar along the side of the switch. After 5 or 6 presses the LED will move down one notch. Since there are a lot of bars on the LED, it takes thirty or forty presses to get the lights to dim to around 50%.

The log will show the same activity every time. Its not like eventually one of the button presses does something different.

The homeseer device display will show the device dimming in 20% increments. So after 5 presses, HS shows device is dimmed to 0%, while the LED's on the wall switch have only dropped one bar (about 10%, I think).

The Wife has OK with me spending some money on a few remotes, but without the ability to Dim she's gonna think they are pretty useless. (Which of course hinders my next purchase....)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve C.
Working...
X