Computer Interface-USB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Interface-USB?

Will this USB Interface work with HomeSeer?

http://www.smarthome.com/1132U.html

Would prefer to serial.

Todd

Todd, if you look at the bottom of the page you link to, you will see "compatible HA software" where HS is listed.

I do remember a thread on this forum that says the newer USB version that has internal event management will not work, but the older one that does not have internal scheduling will work (the one I use). I think Smarthome still sells both. This is of course unless there is a new plugin that will deal with both types.

EDIT: I found the newer controller on SmartHome and they say HS supports the new one too with the exception of downloading events to the controller.

Comment

TRegister,
      I just recently swithced to this device form a CM11A and it works beautifully. It's a bit faster than the CM11A as well.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, we support the newer 1132CU version with the exception of downloading. Just make sure you use the HomeSeer updater to get the latest plugin.

-Rich

Comment

I've been using one of these for almost a year now and love it!

Comment

Are these USB units any more reliable than the CM11a? I have to unplug and plug back in my CM11A perioducally since HS seems to have trouble communicating with it (it take a LONG time for HS to communicate with the unit at times, pegging the CPU usage on the computer.) I am trying to replace most of my X10 stuff with ZWave, but still need the CM11A for those "missing" ZWave parts. When the CM11A hangs (for minutes at a time), it really hoses up all scipts, etc. going through HS for that period of time.

Comment

Yes it some instances much more reliable. Personally my CM11A works perfectly. The reason I switched was to open up a com port. If you have CM11A lockups and unable to send to CM11a problems then the switch to the PowerLinc would be a huge improvement.

Comment

Thanks Rupp, might just try that. I see that there are both w/ and w/o memory units available now. I don't think there is any point in going for the one with memory.

Comment

Working...
                X