Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Monitor

Hi,

I just wrote a program in VB .Net that basically monitors the UPS on a computer to determine when there has been a power failure in the house.

I have a sump pump that needs power to run and I like to know when the power is off.

Baically, how the program works is it runs in the system tray and once a power failure has occurred, it sends an email to whatever recipients have been set up in the config file. When the power has been restored, it sends another email as well. All actions are logged to a log file which can be viewed in the application.

This is my second attempt at a VB .Net program. I am trying to learn the language on my own because it is the language of choice for the new version of Homeseer.

It does not link to Homeseer at all (but I am looking at making it a plugin for Homeseer). For right now it is a standalone application.

If there is interest in this, I will post the applicaton and documentation for use here.

Please let me know if there is any interest.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

This is something I would be interested in. I have several UPS units plus I'd like to see how the VB.net compares to "regular" VB applications.

Comment

Here is a link to other info on UPS Monitor in another thread.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...3088#221103088

Let's use this thread now for all discussions of the UPS Monitor application.

Here is the most recent version of the application:

TIA
      Attached Files
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

How about virtual devices in HomeSeer that show UPS info (e.g., estimated battery time, last time power failed, etc.)
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,

I am looking into making this a plugin for HS now. I hope to have it done soon, but it may have to wait until HS 2.0 is released, according to Rich.

I was thinking about virtual devices as well.

Keep the ideas coming

I will keep everyone updated.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Working...
          X