Elk 9100 STATUS REQUEST problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk 9100 STATUS REQUEST problems

I have just recently installed a Elk-9100. I can operate the unit by sending the coresponding X-10 on and off commands and the 9100 will operate as commanded. However when attempting to poll this device to check its status I do not get any data back from the device.

I have had some minor problems turing the device on using the x-10 command and am still troubleshooting this issue.

I also am using a smarthome brand phase couple and repeater on my house and have disabled the repeter function of the 9100.

Has anybody been able to receive data from the 9100 after a poll?

Thanks,

.Dave

The 9100 does indeed support status requests although it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere in the instructions. The only "trick" is that it only supports it when its set up to operate with a single command. It doesn't support it if you are using the double command security setting which is offered for 240V control. Also, I'm not sure it supports status when you are using it to control two 120V devices.

> I also am using a smarthome brand phase couple and repeater on my house and have disabled the repeter function of the 9100.

That's good. You don't want two repeaters and a panel is the best place for one.

Comment

Working...
    X