USB-UIRT Plugin Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB-UIRT Plugin Install

Please bear with me if this seems like a dumb question but how do I configure the USB-UIRT? I received mine and installing it was to be my weekend project (yes, I know it shouldn't take the entire weekend but Murphy's Law...) Anyway, I plugged it into an open USB port, Windows found it as new hardware, and I pointed it to the files I downloaded from the USB-UIRT web site. I went into HS Updater, installed the plugin, and restarted. In Interfaces, I only have COM ports available as selections for the USB-UIRT. Another post on this Board said to select any unused COM port so I choose 14. When I create a new Event, there is a tab for IR functions with the ability to test. Right now, I don't have any IR commands or devices configured so the only way I have to check whether it is working is with the Test button. When I click Test and look at the Log, there isn't an entry showing that anything happened. Am I missing some part of the install or is this normal?

Try and see if it will learn any IR signals.
    In my setup I have nothing selected in the com port box.
    Every time you send or recieve a IR command the led at the front of the USBUIRT should flash.

Comment

I can't find any documentation for using the plugin in Homeseer so I'm not quite sure what needs to be done. I went to View-->Interfaces-->IR and selected USB-UIRT and COM 8. I clicked OK then restarted Homeseer. Next I went to View-->IR Setup(?) which I'm guessing is where I can have it learn a command. As a test I selected Aux1 then the L button next to Power On. I pushed the power button on my hand-held control but nothing ever happens. If I click Cancel and push any button on this same control, the LED on the USB-UIRT flashes so I think it must be receiving data OK, it just doesn't know what it is. I also looked at the Homeseer log and found this:

6/26/2005 4:10:09 PM~!~startup~!~Loading configuration XML file
      6/26/2005 4:10:10 PM~!~startup~!~Restoring device status
      6/26/2005 4:10:10 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing text to speech
      6/26/2005 4:10:37 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing Telephone Interface
      6/26/2005 4:10:47 PM~!~startup~!~Waiting for HomeSeer Phone to start up ...
      6/26/2005 4:10:55 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing X10 Interface
      6/26/2005 4:10:55 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing Infrared Interface
      6/26/2005 4:10:55 PM~!~Startup~!~IR Label file (config\irlbl.cfg) missing or corrupt, creating new file
      6/26/2005 4:10:55 PM~!~Startup~!~IR Zone file (config\irzones.cfg) missing or corrupt, creating new file

Are the 2 files (irlbl.cfg and irzones.cfg) missing because of some error during installation of the plugin? The log indicates that new ones will be created but if I do a search I can't find them. Could the lack of these files account for the plugin not working properly? Is there any kind of Help documentation for using the plugin? Thanks, Alan

Comment

Working...
      X