Phone Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Messages

I have recently installed the pci modem. I like the HS messages page but wish I could have it announce over my home audio (have H/S announce it). The web based message page wants to announce at the pc which in my case is a touchscreen that does not have audio. Is there an easy way to do this? I found a script somewhere that announces all the new messages but playing all the messages can be time consuming if I just want to hear one specific message. Will Phone Web let me do this? What is the best way to do this?
    John

Check out the phoneweb pluggin.

Comment

PhoneWeb can do this, however at least in my case there is an issue doing so (Rich and Jeff are aware of this but I don't know if it will ever be fixed in 1.7). If I play a message from my touchscreen and I select "Play" or "Play All" (which will play the message(s) over the speakers in the house (via my HS PC) the wav file gets hung when renaming the file (the unplayed message has a "U" in the file name and a played message a "R"). Once the message gets locked by HS I have to shut down and restart HS to clear the issue.

To my knowledge, nobody but me has this issue, although from what I understand of the cause others should have it as well. Download the trial and make sure you test this functionality (have multiple messages in the message folder).

Comment

Acctually now you mention it my comp doesn't have to restart but those buttons don't work as they should. never noticed before as I normally use local play.

Comment

Downloaded the phoneweb but how do I get the trial license? Also downloaded HSVoicemail.asp and this might work for me. Not sure yet if I can run an event with this to set up the correct speakers.
          John

Comment

HSvoicemail.asp has the option to play at the HS PC or locally. It also offers a reminder option.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X