Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo-Mono-Stereo?

Firstly... does HS speak in Stereo?

The reason I ask is I have now wired my speakers to HS for better performance, as I thought my onboard sound was faulty, it only seemed to work one speaker (mono), I have bought a new soundcard, BUT, even with that if I use winamp to play music or HS to speak something it only comes out of one speaker.

Any guidance on this would be really appreciated.

TrOjAn,
    I use my on board sound but all sounds that come out of HS are in stereo or at least play on both speakers. If winamp is only playing out of one speaker then this indicates it has nothing to do with HS but rather a sound card issue. Are you using a stereo plug out of the sound card?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Yep, using all setero stuff, tried different speaker combinations, winamp settings, etc.
      I only mentioned HS as it also speaks out of ONE speaker, as stated I have now tried onboard sound and a NEW soundcard with the same problem, it really is baffling me.

The speakers are working as I have tried them on other pc`s. At first I thought the onboard sound was fubar but now I have tried a new card it also has the same fault.

Think Ill try looking on the M$ website and a general search, must be driver related.

Thanks anyway

Comment

TrOjAn,

Don't overlook any mixer settings within Windows and any other sound-related software. It could be that the balance slider is set all the way to the left or right.

Chuck

Comment

Yep - had that happen to me. The Windows mixer was checked and double-checked, but low and behold when I opened up the WinAMP equalizer, I found the balance all the way to one side.
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
          X