X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming you still have access to your old computer here you go:
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...423#post621423

Comment

If you did a major hardware upgrade shouldn't you retrain your voice profile? If everything is running better seems like this would improve the recognition. The same spoken words from before may not sound the same, even though the may sound better, to the human ear better is better to the system ear better is DIFFERANT.

Just wondering? Later, Terry

Comment

Hello All,

I feel really excited to see members are still trying to tame this alluding animal.

Hello Mark,
        Originally posted by sparkyd
        I bought a Crown PZM-11 mike initially, but in a side-by-side comparison PA-3 mikes worked better for me. I just upgraded to HS 2.0 and moved everything to a new (faster) computer, and will be setting up the mixer again in a couple days. In preliminary tests, it is going to work better than ever, responds much faster.
        Can you please provide the detals of this Mic PA-3 and place to buy from. Also would love to hear your feedback about the VR on HS 2.0 and with Mixer once its all settled down.

Any one else had experience and comparision b/w PA-3 and PMZ-10/11.
        Paul, not sure if you had any experience with PA-3 mic?

Thanks,
        Shaurya

Comment

Just wanted to give my opinions:

I just finished an install in a 3000sqft home using 4 Crown PZM-11s ran into an Audio Technica Smart Mixer.

After running through all of the training sessions, increasing the accuracy sliders, and unchecking "adapt for background use" Im getting about 90% accuracy when quite from upwards of 10 feet away from the mics. False triggers were a huge problem until I adjusted the sliders but now have seemed to dissapear. By the way the mics were placed Im getting control throughout the house aside from the guest bedrooms and bath purposely.

We have on in a wall which catches the entry way, dining room and living room, another in the hallway on the wall, another in the roof above the master bed and one in the laundy room/garage entry.

Its working really good but like most have said, if you have a bunch of people over good luck. The hardest part about that is the show off factor. VR is such an awesome feature for the oooh and ahhh factor so your tempted to show everyone but it will make you look foolish when you have 10 friends over and have to say computer 10 times or have everyone shutup hahahaha

Overall Im very pleased, nothing better than controlling the music by voice. Im not to big on the lighting control as its easier to press a button or remote or motion a light.

One event that is a huge crowd pleaser is my poker event.

In the poker room there is a fancy chandalier, everyone sits down, and I give the command

Computer
          Yes
          Lets play poker!
          Ok, lets play some poker, good luck everyone

Than the chandalier lights to 80% the bar lights turn on, the living lights turn off and Bad to the bone starts playing via whole house.

Its pretty neat stuff, I also have a motion at the front door triggering an event
          simply speaking "Someone is at the front door" Which i tend to like better than a door bell, its fun to mess with guest you know are coming over to.

Two days ago we ordered some pizza and left the front door open while we waited, changed the "someone is at the front door" to "Attention in the house, Dominoes Pizza has arrived" (pause) Mmmmm that pizza smells delicious, be sure to tip the driver well since your too lazy to go pick up your own"

The driver was flabergasted since they dont know how it works and think the house has a mind of its own, its great!

Sorry for rambling on!

Comment

I think the best solution could be a STARTRAK like small RF devices which you could carry on you and activate by touch. That could eliminate back noises ect. Did you see anything like that?

Comment

Working...
            X