Voices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voices

So I have the week off of work before school starts and I am working on getting HS tuned..

I have downloaded the additional voices and want some that sound a little more human.

I checked out the neo-voices and the additional HS voices.

Are there any that can be paid for and then downloaded?

if they come snail mail,they will end up sitting on my desk until thanksgiving, and thats no fun!

Sorry - they take up WAY too much space to be downloaded. In most cases, it is a CD *per voice* and you usually get two voices x 2 frequencies (with the 8KHz voices sometimes being combined on one CD) but that is at least 3 CDs for one purchase.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

no shipping until august 31st??...

Bummer

Thanks for the fast response.

By mail it is.

Comment

bummer...

Thanks for the fast response.

By mail it is.

Comment

I bought a product called textaloud mp3 and it came with the mike and crystal AT&T voices. I got that to work with the standard windows. Then, I installed Homeseer and it workes with it. I have a really high speed connection, so they let me download them. Each voice is about 540mb. I had to ask them to let me download them. I had to turn off the msgenie because it doesnt work with these voices. I dont know if there are voice recognition problems or not since I dont do that.
          A computer's attention span is as long
          as it's powercord.

Comment

TTS (Text to Speech) engines are separate from ASR (speech recognition) engines. The AT&T voices are SAPI 5 and the Genie and other characters were discontinued after SAPI 4 so that is why they no longer work with your newer TTS engine. There are versions of the AT&T voices that are SAPI 4 I think, but I am not sure where you find them.
            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Revisiting this, I used some of the tag lines that others have used, and they dont work. The computer pronounces them too. I went to my textaloud site, and I had to tell the textaloud software to ONLY use the SAPI 5 engine when talking to make these XML tags work. Does anyone know how to make Homeseer use the SAPI 5 engine only? My speech icon says it is going to use the SAPI 5.1.4324 driver. . .
              A computer's attention span is as long
              as it's powercord.

Comment

Working...
              X