Remote desktop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote desktop question

Guys I connect to my dual screen configuration screen at work but only half of the desk top shows up. How can I get RDP show the entire desktop?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp,

Tiz a sad thing but RDP Does not support dual monitor configuration.

I too lose applications sometimes that are on the other screen. Sometimes right clicking the item in the start bar and choosing minimize and then restore brings the app back on the main screen.

StevenE
    Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

StevenE,
      A trick for getting to your "hidden/lost" application thats on another monitor that you can't see...

Shift + Alt + (Space bar) then press "M"
      without moving your mouse, left click and hold down the button. Then drag your mouse left or right back to your viewable screen.

If this doesn't work, it's possible that the particular window is maximized... if thats the case, right click on the app in the task bar and click restore, which should un maximize it.

Also Rupp, I'm not sure of this, but I think some people have had some luck with VNC and dual monitors setups.

Joe
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
      X