Carrier HVAC Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrier HVAC Integration

I am just starting into automating my home and would like to include temperature control. Because this is a large home, I have 2 complete systems, one for each level. The one I'm having trouble with is a Carrier 8 zone system that uses temp/humidity sensors in 7 rooms and a master thermostat in the last. Since the dampers, etc interact, I don't think I can use separate thermostats. Does anyone have any experience with a system like this or know of a way to pull info from either the main controller or master thermostat? Thanks in advance, Alan

I purchased an Omni Pro II and it seems to be doing it's job. Installed multiple temp/humidity sensors/thermostats, it will interface with your HVAC the way you want it to and in addition will give you an alarm and X10 control. HS can also do the same.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I've also decided to purchase the OmniPro II. I'm not sure from your post if you are using separate x10 thermostats for each zone or were able to use the Carrier units for anything. Thanks. Alan

Comment

Give HAI support a call with the model #/info on the carrier system. They are real good about telling you what thermostats to use and how to connect them.
        My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Working...
        X