Help/Advice needed on using CorAccess Mobile Companion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help/Advice needed on using CorAccess Mobile Companion

Hi everyone I have this plan on using the CorAccess panel mention above, but i will need valuable advices and help from the nice people here

The CorAccess Mobile Companion has these specs: National Geode GX1 processor, Win CE 3.0, 32Mb ROM, 64MB RAM, 8.4" 64k colors screen, built-in 802.11b wireless LAN, a USB port and an IR port.

Initially I intend to use NetRemote for my home automation project, but due to the specs of this CorAccess panel (which has a odd processor and running only Win CE 3.0), I'm forced to change my plans.

As far as I know, this CorAccess panel seems to favor Flash files, thus I intend to go that direction. I hope to integrate some features using Flash, but I'm not sure on how the Flash interfaces can communicate with Homeseer and some other programs. The features I wish for is:
    - Control lightings and appliances with Homeseer
    - Control music playback whoes mp3 files are located on the PC which Homeseer is located
    - Control IR devices like DVD-players, TV by sending the IR codes thru the IR port of the Mobile Companion
    - View news headlines and some weather info

1) Can I know what scripts do I need to communicate with the Homeseer program ?
    2) How do I control music playback ? Do I use a media player plug-in ?
    3) What program can I use to allow learning and sending of IR commands ?

For the features I wish for, I know that the Flash files that I will be developing is going to be quite tough, but I don't mind doing it although its my first attempt at home automation.

Thanks for all the help and advices in advance. Please bear with me as I can be abit slow in learning.
Working...
X