PowerLinc V2 USB (INSTEON) Released!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerLinc V2 USB (INSTEON) Released!!

I just received word that the PowerLinc V2 USB (INSTEON) is in stock and shipping!

Price $59.99

Read more here...

http://www.smarthome.com/2414u.html

or here:

http://forums.accessx10.com/showthre...=2936#post2936
    Last edited by ; July 22, 2005, 09:18 PM.

Anyone know when HS is going to have a plugin for Insteon. Powerlinc V2 is useless without software.
    Thanks,

T.

Comment

Today's V2 modules provide no more capability than the prior ones. They are just stepping stones to get RF added and the RF will not be available until Q4.

Comment

In speaking with Smarthome tech support, the new Powerlinc V2 supports the new Insteon protocol and also X10, and that existing software will not work.
        Thanks,

T.

Comment

Received a recall notice from Smarthome today.

If you currently have an INSTEON Developer Kit with a USB or Serial
          Powerlink ver 1.3 or earlier we ask that you contact Smarthome, Inc.
          customer service at 1-800-762-7846 option #3 to arrange an upgrade to ver

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
            Today's V2 modules provide no more capability than the prior ones. They are just stepping stones to get RF added and the RF will not be available until Q4.
            That's not entirely true. They still take advantage of the INSTEON protocol over the power line which is significantly faster, more secure, and more reliable then X10.

BTW, it sounds like they are upgrading SDK users to the production 2414U. I just received mine in the mail today and its running v1.4 firmware.

Comment

I am nearly positive that the 2414U doesn't have any RF capabilities at all. The Insteon SignaLincs are necessary to provide RF/powerline bridging.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio
                Anyone know when HS is going to have a plugin for Insteon. Powerlinc V2 is useless without software.
                I know what you mean. I received mine in the mail today and all I can do is stare at it while praying HS support comes soon. Kinda depressing. I've tried everything to prevent myself from being an early adopter... nothing works. I'm just asking to be punished.

Comment

Originally posted by Bicster
                  I am nearly positive that the 2414U doesn't have any RF capabilities at all. The Insteon SignaLincs are necessary to provide RF/powerline bridging.
                  Yep, you are correct. The PowerLinc V2 is PLC only.

Comment

Working...
                  X