turning a program off and on again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turning a program off and on again

I want to be able to turn my infrared cameras off at a given time each day and then on again. The reason being that after the sun goes behind the house, the cheapo camera shows all black unless I shut down and restart the camera feed for a second.

I've been using x10 with Homeseer to shut down the cameras and turn them back on again, but now I'm using a different remote camera viewer software that makes me restart it each time I turn the cams off and on.

Can anyone explain a good process or command structure for turning this camera monitoring software program off and on again (assumedly after I send the cams an x10 command to turn off and on).

Tx

I know you can start the camera software using the same event that turns on your cameras. Does the software offer any command line options. You could always use hs.keys to shut it down. I wouls suggest a different software package if it has trouble with something as simple as shutting off the input feeds. WebCamXP is a nice streaming package as is iVista, WebCam32 and othes. I've used all of these and they do not have a problem if the feed stops.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
    X