Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWD
    replied
    Actually I spoke too soon - I was still getting the false signals.... Now I have put in a "clean" mains power supply direct to the Powerflash and other X10 modules whereas before they were in close wiring proximity to the offending well pump. This has definitely cured the problem and the filter is no longer needed either. I have to conclude that the powerflash module has a tendency to send out these "rogue" signals if it receives a momentary mains voltage drop.

John Downe

Leave a comment:

• JWD
    replied
    Bravo Rocco. I have reversed the filter as you suggested. The false triggers have gone and the rest of the X-10 system is working normally.

Many thanks - another succes for the HomeSeer message board!!

John Downe

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    Since the lights flicker, maybe the power surge back up from the dip could cause the device to trigger in addition to noise. Try a UPS for the PowerFlash if all else fails.

Leave a comment:

• JWD
    replied
    Thanks Rocco - I'll give that a try - and will post results

Leave a comment:

• rocco
    Guest replied
    Two suggestions:

Are you sure the filter is installed backwards? It should be. Since the FD10 is designed to filter X10 from your neighbor's house, it will absorb X10 on what is normally the "Upstream" side (where the power comes in to your house) and it will be X10-friendly on what is normally the downstream side. Make sure the incoming power is connected to the "house-side", and the pump is connected to the "Power-company" side.

Second, I suspect a bad Power-Flash. Try putting each one at a different house-code to determine if the spurious emissions are coming from a single PowerFlash.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    It's more than likely the pump motor putting noise on the powerline. Large applainces do this quite often and a filter on them can make then behave in an X10 environment. I'm just not sure they make filters for something as large as a well pump.

Leave a comment:

• JWD
    replied
    Thanks for your interest - yes the FD10 DIN rail device is a filter see..... http://www.letsautomate.com/10218.cf...EC8999058ACB85

The FD10 appears to be acting as a "sink" for X-10 signals even though all my other devices are on the "upstream" side of the filter.

Yes, when I change the Powerflash housecode the "All Off" changes to that code so it seems to be conclusive it is actually eminating from there. Nothing else is on the same housecodes as the Powerflashes are.

JWD

Leave a comment:

• smoothtlk
    Guest replied
    Did you try to put an X10 filter on the pump? Not sure what the DIN rail filter is if that is what I just suggested. You could also move the powerflash to another house code as a test to see if they are injecting the rogue all off, or if the all off is just spurious noise from the pump.

Leave a comment:

• JWD
    started a topic Powerflash false signals and water well pump

Powerflash false signals and water well pump

I wonder if someone with some electrical engineering + Powerflash knowledge can throw any light on this problem.....

The house has a well pump operated by a pressure switch and relay and using a large capacitor which I assume helps the motor start. This is NOT X-10 controlled. When the well pump switches on the house lights noticeably flicker - the house supply in Italy is only 3Kw.

I have installed some Homeseer controlled X-10 kit including several Powerflash modules - completely unrelated to the well pump. Most times the well pump operates I get "rogue" X-10 "All units Off" for the house code of the Powerflash modules despite the Powerflash modules being set to send single unit on/off when the low voltage contacts are closed.

I have tried a DIN rail filter on the supply to the well pump - this cures the rogue signals but seems to absorb most of my normal X-10 controls from HomeSeer!!

Anyone have any ideas why the Powerflashes are doing this and what else I might do to resolve the problem?

Many thanks

John Downe
    Last edited by JWD; July 23, 2005, 09:09 AM. Reason: Typo!
Working...
X