Insteon Powerlincs are now shipping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Powerlincs are now shipping!

I ordered an Insteon Powerlinc from Smarthome Pro today. They are now listed on the regular Smarthome site as well. Unlike the development kit, these are not covered by a ridiculous customer agreement that prohibits reverse-engineering, etc. (which is why I didn't buy the dev kit.)

Anyone know if these are compatible with Homeseer in X-10 mode? I realize there is no support for Insteon at the moment.

I've only heard of a couple of people that were going to write a plugin but had so much trouble with the hardware/software combo they sent them back. I'm sure HS will support the PowerLinc it's just a matter of when. Especially since they are neck deep in a major beta release.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It's important to note that some users have experienced problems with the INSTEON SDK and not with the actual INSTEON hardware that's been released (SwitchLinc, LampLinc, ControLinc, etc.). I, as well as others, have been running INSTEON hardware since it's release with great results.

I hope, once HS works out the issues with HS2.0, that we will see a solid plugin for the PowerLinc V2.

Comment

Back to the original question: does anyone know if the Insteon Powerlinc USB is backward compatible with the older X10 Powerlinc USB? I guess I will find out in a few days, anyway.

Comment

No it is not. Insteon support is not in HS and will be added shortly after the release of HS 2.0

Comment

I already know that HS/HS2 doesn't support Insteon.

I am asking if the Insteon-enabled Powerlinc USB v2 is backward compatible with the older Powerlinc USB. Obviously Insteon functionality does not exist in HomeSeer (I said as much in my first post). Are my writing skills that bad?

Comment

Bicster,

This is a quote from John at SH...

Also, the current verison of Smarthome Manager we include with our X10 Powerlinc Controller will not work with this interface (totally different programming language).

Comment

Originally posted by Bicster
                I already know that HS/HS2 doesn't support Insteon.

I am asking if the Insteon-enabled Powerlinc USB v2 is backward compatible with the older Powerlinc USB. Obviously Insteon functionality does not exist in HomeSeer (I said as much in my first post). Are my writing skills that bad?

No I was reading that into your post sorry.

Comment

Thanks, AccessX10.

Has anyone begun the process off reverse-engineering the command set used by these suckers? I'd like to develop some software for them, but I am unable/unwilling to comply with the terms of their SDK.

Comment

Working...
                  X