Suggestions for small tablet PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for small tablet PC

I was thinking about getting the airpanel from viewsonic to put at the main entry way of my house as a way to control things quickly.

Does this thing display the most recent version of flash?

Any other products better than the airpanel?

Airpanel's rely on terminal services to connect to an existing PC running Windows XP professional etc. I believe they run on WinCE.

There have been good reviews of the Motion LS800/LE1600 tablets but you will need deep pockets. http://www.motioncomputing.com
    Jon

Comment

Yes, I also own a motion computing tablet pc and have it mounted to the wall and it is great, but deep pockets is the problem for most but is is very very realiable.

Thom

Comment

Originally posted by aleehatami
        I was thinking about getting the airpanel from viewsonic to put at the main entry way of my house as a way to control things quickly.

Does this thing display the most recent version of flash?

Any other products better than the airpanel?
        Jut beware that when these are wall mounted event the smaller 10" is very large for most areas. I've seen the new Lilliput's wall mounted in the flush mount headrest mounts and they look really good. The 8" is my favorite. Of course these need a PC.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Can you connect more than one to a separate PC? Or does each one need its own PC?

Comment

If you are talking about airpanels, XP Professional only allows one connection via remote desktop. This means that if you use the airpanel, you will loose control and functionality of the desktop.

There is a hacked terminal services dll available which allows either 2 remote connections (aka airpanels) or the main desktop and a single remote connection. I believe that there is a second hack which will allow 3 remote connections but no desktop.
            Jon

Comment

that is very interesting... I use remote desktop all the time and did not know this! Now my dad doesn't have to be kicked off his computer when I fix his computer from home!

Comment

A good explanation can be found at http://sig9.com/articles/concurrent-remote-desktop
                Jon

Comment

Just one more question... do you know if the Airpanels can display flash html?

I just bought 3 Airpanel 1500's with the dockstations at $375/each
                  Last edited by ; July 31, 2005, 02:02 PM.

Comment

If the server can show flash, than so can the Airpanel. The Airpanel isn't running the Flash. the Server is. The Airpanel is just showing the results via the RDP type connection.

Comment

Working...
                    X