Device List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device List

I just noticed on my HS system V1.7.44 that the list of devices is a simple 3 devices. It seems all of the other devices have disappeared. Any one have a clue why, and How I fix it? I am not talking about my devices, but the list of possible device names and their charachteristics.

Thanks

A script?

Barry are you referring to a list via a script or via the GUI? If it is a script maybe you could post your code and we can try it to see if we get the same results.

As far as the GUI everything seems normal to me.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

No I am talking about the GUI.

If I try to add a device, the drop down list for available devices had only 3 entries. If I went to an existing device and just said okay, that device was then entered into the device drop down list for Add Device.

I had added at one time some device types for special devices like Relays or Digital inputs. They are no longer in the available device drop down list, and if i go to edit them, they are grayed out in the Device Drop down list.

I have no idea when this happened because i have not made any new devices until today. See my next post.

Comment

Barry,
        This information is stored in the config/devtypes.cfg. Hopefully you have a backup of this file.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I do Rupp, and I replaced the one that was there with the 3 entries with my old one. Somehow HS figured out how to negate that and put back the original. Beats me. I got around it but I can not for the life of me understand what happened.

Comment

Working...
          X