homeseer as a scheduled task

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homeseer as a scheduled task

I am trying to start homeSeer 1.7 as a scheduled task under WinXP with no success.

I create a scheduled task from the control panel:
    Run "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\HomeSeer.exe"
    Starting In "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\"
    Run as "Rich\Rich"
    Enabeled
    Schedule: At system startup

Unfortunately, upon a reboot of the box... Homeseer does not start up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Rich

Why not simply put it in your start up folder?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I do as Rupp says, with auto-login (one user unattended PC). That PC restarts itself and launches all my programs if there's a power failure that zaps the UPS, or if I force a reboot.

Comment

I have two logins on the XP box. Kids and mine.

I believe if I put the homeseer shortcut in the startup folder (of one or more of the two users)... then it will only start up if one of the two users logs in.

I would like homeseer to start up at system startup (regardless of who logs in... or if nobody logs in after a reboot).

Thanks, rich

Comment

I doubt that HS can run as a service independent of login.
          You can, of course, have it in every user's startup folder. But it was really not intended to shut down each time a user logs out. Will work fine, but it is often used on a 24x7 PC.

Comment

My HS operation on a dedicated server is the same as Rupp's and SteveCH's. Very reliable with no problems. The system has "Autorestart after power failure", but is on a UPS that will hold it and all interface devices for about an hour. The house has a standby generator that cuts in if the power is out for about 1 minute. Homeseer is never off unless I turn it off.

Comment

Working...
            X