Loss of Communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of Communication

After 6 months of virutally flawless operation I seem to have lost communication with my X-10 devices via the computer. I have no problem connecting and controlling my devices via my X-10 mini-controller. I am currently using HomeSeer version 1.7.44 on my Dell 2400 system running under Windows XP. I have reinitialized the program several times and rebooted the computer as well. Everything looks normal except it ignores the timed events and ignores manual inputs to turn units on or off. Suspecting the CM-11a module I switched to a second unit that I have with the same results.

I don't know if it's connected to my problem but I'm also getting a strange new problem wherein when my system reboots I get a screen that says it has found new hardware for something called SDDM12 and want's me to install the software. I don't have any new hardware so I just ignore it.

Any thoughts on how to determine whether the CM11 or the path to it is working OK and any other way to diagnose this problem.

Did you add a card reader to this pc? I would recommend maybe a system restore to an earlier date.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This is probably not related to the X10 problem, but here is some low-down on the secure-digital memory card driver problem: http://www.mcse.ms/message1635094.html

The card reader that Rupp eluded to could have been someone plugging a digital camera or MP3 player into a USB port.

As far as the CM11A problem: What shows up in the log when you restart HomeSeer? It should say whether it found the CM11A or not.

Comment

Working...
      X