HS2 and CM11A problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 and CM11A problem

I installed HS2 over the top of my existing 1.7 installation, and all of my devices, events, etc appear to have come over fine. Upon starting HS2, I noticed that nothing was working - no devices could be controlled. I went to the setup/interfaces page and discovered that all of the interfaces were disabled. I enabled the CM11A/CM12A interface on the correct serial port and it completed initialization without an error. Unfortunately, still nothing will control. I also notice that I get an "Unable to Send to CM11A" error a few seconds after I try to control a device. Is there something else that needs to be setup that I am unaware of?

Enable

I did the same sequence, with the exception that I COULD send/receive X10.

-l

Comment

Originally posted by automateme
      I installed HS2 over the top of my existing 1.7 installation, and all of my devices, events, etc appear to have come over fine. Upon starting HS2, I noticed that nothing was working - no devices could be controlled. I went to the setup/interfaces page and discovered that all of the interfaces were disabled. I enabled the CM11A/CM12A interface on the correct serial port and it completed initialization without an error. Unfortunately, still nothing will control. I also notice that I get an "Unable to Send to CM11A" error a few seconds after I try to control a device. Is there something else that needs to be setup that I am unaware of?
      Did you reset the com port?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
        Did you reset the com port?
        I powered down the PC completely to ensure that the port gets reset. Now, when I start HS2 I get this error:

8/6/2005 9:12:54 AM - Error - Initializing X10 interface X10 CM11A/CM12U: Unable to communicate with CM11A, no response to status request

This was all working fine in HS1. I made no hardware changes before upgrading. Should I try a different interface?

Comment

Did you check to see which port HS was pointing to on the Setup > interfaces tab?

Comment

Did you check to see which port HS was pointing to on the Setup > interfaces tab?
            Yep, It is pointing to the correct port. Here is the portion of the event log relating to this interface. Its kind of strange that there is an "Initializing X10 Plug-in:..." then an "Initializing Plug-in: X10..."

8/6/2005 9:12:42 AM - Startup - Initializing Plug-Ins
            8/6/2005 9:12:42 AM - Info - Initializing X10 Plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U On COM Port 2
            8/6/2005 9:12:42 AM - Info - Initializing Plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U
            8/6/2005 9:12:42 AM - Info - Initializing CM11A/12U on COM port 2
            8/6/2005 9:12:54 AM - Error - Initializing X10 interface X10 CM11A/CM12U: Unable to communicate with CM11A, no response to status request
            8/6/2005 9:12:54 AM - Info - Done initializing X10 interface X10 CM11A/CM12U

Comment

It certianly sounds like the CM11A is not working. Have you tried it with 1.7 again to be sure it still works? Have you tried unplugging it for a few minutes to reset it?

Comment

It certianly sounds like the CM11A is not working. Have you tried it with 1.7 again to be sure it still works? Have you tried unplugging it for a few minutes to reset it?
                BTW, thanks for all of your help on this.

I unplugged the CM11A for 20 minutes, plugged it back in and restarted HS2. It gets through all of the initialization, but still gives an error when I try and control a device. I don't want to switch back to 1.7 yet. I'm hoping to get this working so I can fully look at HS2. I might break down and go to the Smarthome factory store and pickup a Powerlinc USB.

8/6/2005 9:18:50 PM - Startup - Initializing Plug-Ins
                8/6/2005 9:18:50 PM - Info - Initializing X10 Plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U On COM Port 2
                8/6/2005 9:18:50 PM - Info - Initializing Plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U
                8/6/2005 9:18:50 PM - Info - Initializing CM11A/12U on COM port 2
                8/6/2005 9:18:52 PM - Info - Done initializing X10 interface X10 CM11A/CM12U
                8/6/2005 9:18:53 PM - Startup - Running startup script
                8/6/2005 9:18:53 PM - Info - Speak ():Welcome to Home-Seer
                8/6/2005 9:18:53 PM - Warning - Error in SpeakDev: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                8/6/2005 9:18:53 PM - Info - Done with scripting
                8/6/2005 9:18:53 PM - Startup - Starting scheduler
                8/6/2005 9:18:53 PM - Startup - Start up complete.
                8/6/2005 9:19:40 PM - Info - Device: Office Floor Lamp (H11) OFF
                8/6/2005 9:21:00 PM - CM11A - Unable to send to CM11A/CM12U

Comment

Rupp,

I am also having a similar

CM11A - Unable to send to CM11A/CM12U

error when the dim command is issued.

After the 1.7 upgrade the CM11A was not enabled but I soon re-set the config and com port and it now always starts up correctly and I am able to send simple ON/OFF. All the DIM functions fail though.

Any help?

Thanks

Darren

Comment

Hum.. There may be a problem with the CM11A's driver. In the old days I would suggest to go into the CM11A's options and select clear memory but I'm not sure this option is still available.

Comment

Rupp,

These are the error messages and assocaited events..if its any help..

07/08/2005 21:40:29 Info Device: Main Bedroom Main Lights (M2) Value increment by 5007/08/2005 21:40:30 CM11A Unable to send to CM11A/CM12U
                      Regards,

Darren

Comment

Rupp,

I've found the issue in the script...changed from

hs.ExecX10ByName "Main Bedroom Main Lights","ddim",50

to

hs.ExecX10ByName "Main Bedroom Main Lights","dim",50

and the errors go away..

cheers,

Darren

Comment

Having a slightly different problem with the CM11A. New HS2 setup, CM11A on same COM port as 1.7 (which works fine with same CM11A), WF800 works, no error messages at startup or any other time, but I cannot control any devices on the powerline through the interface. Also VR worked at one time, now doesn't. Must be a basic setting I'm missing somewhere.WinXP, SP2, Edgeport USB COM, not much past basic HS2 install.

Comment

Had the same problem with CM11A not working after I went to V2. This used to happen all the time with the software from X10 (can't even remember the name now). Anyhow, what I had to do was:

Unplug CM11A
                            Remove batteries
                            Unplug from com port

Wait ~20 seconds

Plug in CM11A
                            Plug into com port
                            Replace batteries (if desired)

It seems that leakage from the com port can keep the memory in that thing up for quite some time.

Comment

Did everything except uplug from COM. Will try that tonight. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X