Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TI103 or plug-in problem

Hi,

For quite some time I've noticed strange behavior with my Lightolier Compose setup and HS. I would send Compose "Scene On" to two dimmers, say A8 and A9, from HS and then someone would walk over to one of the dimmers and turn it off manually. In response, HS seemed to be getting a Scene Off response from BOTH dimmers, messing up the device state in HS! More info here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...014#post645014

Well, in moving to a clean install of HS2, I thought I'd dig deeper. I installed the TI103 and in the same AC outlet an ACT AT004 signal tester. I also did not install the Compose plug-in, nor setup any "devices" in my clean HS2 install. Instead I just entered preset dims (via the HS control tab) corresponding to the Compose commands. Well guess what, the TI103 debug log data appears wrong and does not agree with the data simultaneously captured with my ACT AT004. So, I think there is a problem with either the TI103 or the plug-in in terms of the way data is buffered, or something to do with handling of frame repeats for devices on the same house code? Don't really know, but something is clearly wrong.

Here are both the TI103 debug log entries and the AT004 captured data below.

HS2 Log (my notes in blue):
    Send Compose Scene On to A8:
    8/7/2005 9:14:52 AM - Info - Device: Preset Dim Level 1 [3%]
    8/7/2005 9:14:52 AM - Debug TI103 - SendX10: A8 Cmd: 10 Dim: 1 Data1/2: 0/0

Send Compose Scene On to A9:
    8/7/2005 9:14:57 AM - Info - Device: Preset Dim Level 1 [3%]
    8/7/2005 9:14:57 AM - Debug TI103 - SendX10: A9 Cmd: 10 Dim: 1 Data1/2: 0/0

Tap off A9 at the dimmer, and HS/TI103 receives this!!!:
    8/7/2005 9:15:45 AM - Debug TI103 - Callback: Dev= A8+A9, HC= A, Cmd= 11, 16/0
    8/7/2005 9:15:45 AM - X10 Received - A8 (?) A9 (?) A Preset Dim2 16

Tap off A8 at the dimmer, and HS/TI103 receives this:
    8/7/2005 9:17:25 AM - Debug TI103 - Callback: Dev= A8, HC= A, Cmd= 11, 16/0
    8/7/2005 9:17:25 AM - X10 Received - A8 (?) A Preset Dim2 16

Here is the data simultaneously captured on the AT004. You'll notice that the "responses" don't have the X10 frame repeats. This is simply because the A8/A9 dimmers are on different firwall circuits from the TI103/AT004, and thus HS/AT004 are simply hearing the firewall's repeat of the data. The data is as expected:
    A08 A08 Npsd0 Npsd0 <- Scene On Command to A8 from HS
    A09 A09 Npsd0 Npsd0 <- Scene On Command to A9 from HS
    A09 --- Mpsd1 --- <- Response from A9, tapped off manually
    A08 --- Mpsd1 --- <- Response from A8, tapped off manually

So, I really think there is a problem with either the TI103 or the plug-in. Can anybody else confirm?

Thanks,
    Don

dschoppe,

Please see my post here regarding the same issue: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=104488

I know that the author of the plugin is aware of the issue and wants to get it fixed. Would you be willing to help test fixes on your system and provide feedback?
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher
      dschoppe,

Please see my post here regarding the same issue: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=104488

I know that the author of the plugin is aware of the issue and wants to get it fixed. Would you be willing to help test fixes on your system and provide feedback?
      Absolutely! I'm quite relieved it is the TI103 plug-in and not something with my compose dimmers or firewall, as the later would have been much more costly to fix ;-)

Don

Comment

Don,

Great! We'll be in touch when there's something to test.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

Comment

dschoppe,

Just wanted to let you know that work is in progress. Will be in touch when something's ready for testing.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

Comment

Hi Mark,

How is work progressing on the TI103 plug-in?

I've recently acquired an Ocelot that I am planning to use for IR & I/O, but I think I may configure it as my X10 interface too, at least until a new release of the TI103 plugin is available for testing.

Regards,
            Don

Comment

Hi Mark,

I recently added an RS232 card in my Compose firewall that provides direct X10 control via a simple ASCII protocol. http://firecontrolinc.com/downloads/compose_rs232.pdf

I starting to write an X10 plug-in for it, but I have a couple of basic questions about the X10 plug-in<->HS interface. Maybe you or the TI103 plug-in author could easily answer these based on your experience in developing the TI103 plug-in?

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=109969

I'd really appreciate it...

Thanks,
              Don

Comment

Originally posted by dschoppe
                Hi Mark,

How is work progressing on the TI103 plug-in?

I've recently acquired an Ocelot that I am planning to use for IR & I/O, but I think I may configure it as my X10 interface too, at least until a new release of the TI103 plugin is available for testing.

Regards,
                Don
                Don,

Sorry for the long silence, I just saw your new posts today. Unfortunately, the plug-in author has not been able to spend much time on the problem. I've had to put my TI103 on the shelf and revert back to my CM11A.

I'll post here when (if) anything changes.
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by dschoppe
                  Hi Mark,

I recently added an RS232 card in my Compose firewall that provides direct X10 control via a simple ASCII protocol. http://firecontrolinc.com/downloads/compose_rs232.pdf

I starting to write an X10 plug-in for it, but I have a couple of basic questions about the X10 plug-in<->HS interface. Maybe you or the TI103 plug-in author could easily answer these based on your experience in developing the TI103 plug-in?

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=109969

I'd really appreciate it...

Thanks,
                  Don
                  Don,

I would try asking either Rich or Rick at HomeSeer for some help. I'm not too familiar with the programming interface - sorry.
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks. I'm making steady progress on the CPLCOMM plug-in. I've answered most of the questions I had about the plug-in/HS X10 I/F through trial and error. Now I'm going to take a closer look at RS232 COM port handling under .NET.

Regards,
                    Don

Comment

Working...
                    X