Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repair for x10 light switch ?

this has happened a few times.
    1 bulb goes out on a 2 or 3 bulb ceiling fixture.
    and the X10 light switch stops working.
    deader than a door nail
    if there a repair for the switch?

I have been just replacing them. thought i would ck to see if they are repairable.
    thanks

You didn't mention which kind of switch but here are all kinds of mods including a couple of fixes.

http://www.geocities.com/ido_bartana....htm#Repairing a broken wall switch
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

opps

just a cheap-o x10 light switch.
      square push button with a slider
      ratshack

Comment

I've had trouble w/ a 3 bulb strip. The bulbs start an oscillation, then the switch stops responding to power line signals. Playing with different types of bulbs masks the problem for me. However, the frequency and amplitude of oscillation changes depending on how many bulbs are in the circuit.

Comment

Triac

When I did use the X10 switches the bulb would burn out and the switch would stop working. Most times the light would just stay on others would not go on. Most times the triac (mounted to side inside switch) would short out. Radio Shack did carry a unit that appeared to be a good replacement.. NOTE: the replacement triac must be a isolated case style !!! I also installed a MOV of >150 vac. (on the load side) this appeared to help with this problem..

Comment

bjj,

I really haven't see this that much but for a $6 switch, how much effort do you want to put into it?
            Martin Custer

Comment

Working...
            X