Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edgeport driver problem

Just an FYI

I have had an Edgeport USB to Serial converter for some time running on the 3.10 driver version. I installed a second unit but chose the latest drivers (v3.20). The serial ports on the new unit kept failing after several hours. I had to reboot to get them to work again. I installed the 3.10 drivers and all is well on both units.

Running XP service pak 2

Gardner

What does the company have to say?

Comment

Stevech,
      Looks like I jumped the gun, the problem showed up with the older driver. I am beginning to suspect the W8000, so I swapped it with my RFID system on another adapter. If the RFID fails, it's the edgeport, if the w8000 fails it's the w8000. If nothing fails, it's operator error.

Comment

Well, the RFID on the Edgeport failed, looks like an Edgeport problem. Since I have one Edgeport working fine and one failing under the same driver level, it looks like maybe it's the unit itself (Just bought it on e-bay, new in box?). It is pluged into a hub, so for my next trick I will hook it directly to the USB card on the PC. I know the hub has enough power, but maybe there is something the Edgeport doesn't like. Ah, so much fun and so little time to enjoy it.

Comment

Keep us posted. I've been having some Edgeport problems as well.

Comment

Since I moved it from the external D-link hub to a USB port on the PC card yesterday, it has not failed. That's one day down and counting.

Comment

It's been running OK for two days now, I think that moving it off the hub was the trick.

Comment

Working...
              X