Lights turn off by thenselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights turn off by thenselves

I have a Switchlink 2-way relay switches controling the transformers (the 110 volt side) on my low voltage track lights. They consistantly turn off after 2 or 3 minutes. I see a single X10 off message for the relay address, but I believe this is generated by the switch when it turns off. I changed the house code and the problem still exists. It's not getting hot or exibiting any other problems. Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior? I would think if it was noise it would effect more of the dozen or so x10 switches I have.

I am waiting for a reply from Smarthome, but there is usually a lot of experience right here.
    Last edited by gcyeaw; August 18, 2005, 06:06 PM.

Sounds like a bad switch to me. Have you tried swapping it out?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,
      I have three switches, one with an incandescent lamp load and two with a transformer load. Both of the transformer loaded switches are failing. The incandescent load is OK. I am thinking that I need to add an external relay to carry the transformer load. (Kind of why I bought relay switches in the first place.) I will wait and see what Smarthome has to say. These things aren't exactly cheap, so I am hoping for a good answer.

Gardner.

Comment

Working...
      X