ZU0100-001 won't initialize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZU0100-001 won't initialize

I am just installing HomeSeer & Z-wave. The usb interface will not initialize. Error in log reads "Error initializing Z-Wave interface. Unable to find interface, no response from controller." I reinstalled the usb driver twice - from the cd & from the website. Still wont work. Win XP. Device manager says USB is working OK. Also switched usb ports. The HomeSeer wizard says possible unplugged or defective cable. Also something seems to be loose inside the unit - when you turn it over, it "clunks"inside. Is this the only support for HomeSeer? There doesn't seem to be any phone #s. Thanks for your help. I started a ticket with the help desk 3 days ago, but have not had any response. Dave

Originally posted by davec
    Also something seems to be loose inside the unit - when you turn it over, it "clunks"inside.
    Well, Dave, you're lucky. More than a dozen people have had your problem, so even I know about it.

There are two boards inside your USB/Zwave interface. The daughter board is not secured, simply plugged-in, to the mother board (Why are there no father boards?). In shipping, they often separate. The symptoms are what you are describing.

You need to open up the interface (Don't worry about the warranty) and plug that sucker back in! It should be obvious once you have it open.

Comment

Many thanks, Rocco.. That was it!!

Comment

Working...
      X