Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use Firecracker to transmit security remote codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use Firecracker to transmit security remote codes?

I have the Radio Shack wireless security system (made by X10, I think) that uses all the X10 security modules (DS10, MS10, remotes). I have this working pretty well with ACRF to allow homeseer MONITOR the status of the system, doors, remote control arms, etc. However, I cannot ARM/DISARM the system via homeseer.

Is there a way to use a Firecracker transmitter to have homeseer SEND the same ARM/DISARM RF code that the security remotes send? What is involved to do this?

Thanks,
    Robert

No, the FireCracker only transmits normal X10 codes (see http://www.rfxcom.com/CM17%20protocol.pdf )
    The RFXCOM transmitter 40030 (310MHz) or 40031 (433.92MHz) can transmit X10 an X10 security codes. See the transmitter and software chapter at http://www.rfxcom.com/eprod.htm

Comment

Originally posted by robert1
      I have the Radio Shack wireless security system (made by X10, I think) that uses all the X10 security modules (DS10, MS10, remotes). I have this working pretty well with ACRF to allow homeseer MONITOR the status of the system, doors, remote control arms, etc. However, I cannot ARM/DISARM the system via homeseer.

Is there a way to use a Firecracker transmitter to have homeseer SEND the same ARM/DISARM RF code that the security remotes send? What is involved to do this?

Thanks,
      Robert
      The ACRF alarm system uses HomeSeer devices to both monitor the state of the system *and* set the state of the system. So you can just change the state of the system from the HomeSeer UI or from events within HomeSeer.

Jon
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
        The ACRF alarm system uses HomeSeer devices to both monitor the state of the system *and* set the state of the system. So you can just change the state of the system from the HomeSeer UI or from events within HomeSeer.

Jon
        Yes, but I wanted to actually send the RF to my alarm panel (and simulate pressing the RF remote control ARM button) via homeseer. What you are describing works well in homeseer, but it does not ARM the alarm panel.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, but I wanted to actually send the RF to my alarm panel (and simulate pressing the RF remote control ARM button) via homeseer. What you are describing works well in homeseer, but it does not ARM the alarm panel.

Thanks.
          So you have one of the X10 stand-alone alarm boxes? Keeping it in sync with HomeSeer can be a real pain. Most folks are just using HomeSeer and an anunciator to replace the X10 box.

Jon
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

I agree with Jon. I used the alarm panel for about 3 weeks before giving up on it. I have HomeSeer doing everything the panel did and more, and the W800 is much more reliable as far as receiving commands than the panel was (I often couldn't arm the panel becuaes it would lose a module).

If you really want to use the panel and control it via HomeSeer, you'll have to hack open a remote and hook it to something that will allow you to control the remote via relays and HomeSeer. It's probably not worth it, though.
            John
            Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
            Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
            HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
            Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

So you guys are using Homeseer as your only home security system? I'm not that comfortable with the reliability & stability yet. I cannot "tweak" the X10 panel, so it always works. Windows, on the other hand....

Comment

So you guys are using Homeseer as your only home security system? I'm not that comfortable with the reliability & stability yet. I cannot "tweak" the X10 panel, so it always works. Windows, on the other hand....
                Yes and no. I have one of those security panels and let me tell you that HomeSeer on WinXP is more reliable that that thing. Devices would unenroll for no reason, the RF range would go in and out, etc. I would much rather use HomeSeer than the security console.

I don't trust Windows and a PC to run the core of my security system either so I use an Elk M1 that communicates with HomeSeer. Most of my system is wired with a few CADDX wireless modules. My PC adds all sorts of nice functionality to the system but if the PC fails the core alarm system is still fully functional (dial out, voice, annunciators, etc)

Jon
                Jon Ort
                JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Robert,
                  find attached an example script that communicates with the RFXCOM transmitter. In the example an ARM and a DISARM command is sent. For detailed information of the transmitter commands and the X10, X10 security and Remote packet formats see the download page on the RFXCOM site.

Bert
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. So is the RFXCOM an alternative to the W800 ...but it also transmits? And is available in USB?

What part #s would I need for USA use to be able to do what the W800 does PLUS to transmit X10 security RF.

Interesting device, but the site is confusing.

Thanks.

Comment

The RFXCOM devices are modular.
                      At least one USB I/O-Power module is needed.
                      Up to 2 receivers can be plugged in into this USB I/O-Power module.
                      A separate USB I/O-power module is needed for maximum 1 transmitter.

Some useful US configurations are:
                      For receiver(s)
                      40010 USB I/O-Power module
                      40070 310MHz Master receiver
                      40073 433.92MHz Slave receiver (optional)

For a transmitter:
                      40010 USB I/O-Power module
                      40030 RF transmitter 310MHz

Comment

Working...
                      X