Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer 1.7 as a service in Server 2003

Hi all,

I know this is a un-supported configuration but, due to sometimes updates rebooting my server and other stuff, I need to get this running as a service. This machine also does IIS and Exchange 2003 for mail.

I followed the directions on this site on how to do it, and tried a handfull of other things, When I try to start the service, I get this error.

Could not start the Homeseer service on the local computer.
    Error:1053 The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I have spent the day looking over this site and over google and can not get a lead on how to attempt to fix this issue. I have tons of posts with people getting it to run with no problems at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions to where to start to fix this problem or even better yet, a fix for it ? This is homeseer version 1.7.3.0

I would first suggest to at least move to the latest HS version using the updater. What instructions did you follow to install as a service?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Same problem...

Thanks for the quick reply.

I followed the directions here, I saw this on another fourm here with someone who used it on 2003...

http://www.homeseer.com/cgi-bin/help...iew=16&lang=en

I did the update and rebooted the server, same problem. If I double click on the exe, the program runs fine, takes about 3-5 seconds to load but, it loads fine. I am now running version 1.7.44

Any other ideas and thanks again.

-Dave

Comment

Dave,
        What user are you using to start the service?

Comment

Local System account and Allow service to interact with desktop is checked.

-Dave

Comment

I wondering if you need to be starting the service as a local admin? It's worth a try.

Comment

Interesting, I just quickly tried it with my account on it, and it worked. very interesting a simple permission thing.

Thanks again for your help, Now homeseer will be there when I really need it

-Dave

Comment

Just one more question on this because there is a problem. I can't actually run homeseer to change settings. I log into the box and it just tells me that homeseer is already running when I click on the exe...

I am sure there is a way to switch over to it but, off the the top of my head, I can't think of it (and it's not running in the task manger, only in the services, that I can't switch to)

Thanks

-Dave

Comment

Working...
                X