HS2 Web Page Refresh & ZoneAlarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 Web Page Refresh & ZoneAlarm

I have one remote PC that will not refresh my HS status pages, unless I do a manual refresh.

The problem seems to be ZoneAlarm blocking *something* that HS needs to properly refresh. I know this because shutting down ZA allows my pages to automatically refresh upon a status change. And all my other PC's (without ZA) refresh properly too.

Does anyone know what I should change in ZA or what HS needs to pass to the browser in order to refresh a page automatically?

Thanks,
    Bill

HS2 - 1955

This is the very reason I decided to quit using ZA. I would fix it one day and it would stop working the next.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

if the PC with ZoneAlarm is connected to a router, I and others feel that a PC-based firewall is not needed from a security viewpoint. You may have other rationale for using ZA

Comment

I agree - since I am behind a router with NAT enabled, ZA is probably not necessary from a security standpoint.

However, one neat feature is program control where I can individually inhibit programs from "phoning home" for updates, acting as servers, etc. I like to be in control of all that.

I do have my HS PC in the trusted zone of ZA on the local subnet. I'm wondering just what ZA is blocking? I can manuall refresh a page to reflect correct HS status, it just doesn't do it automatically when device status changes or when my automatic (15 second) page refresh occurs.

I'll keep trying, but may end up canning ZA.

Bill

Comment

cd-card-biz,
          On the page that is giving you problems, right click on the page and select view source and see if you see code like the following:

PHP Code:
          <meta HTTP-EQUIV="EXPIRES" CONTENT="0">
          <
          meta HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"
          This should prevent IE form caching these pages. I'm wondering if ZA is preventing this?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X