SkipJam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkipJam?

I am not sure where exactly to post this so please feel free to move it if need be.

Has anyone looked into the new SkipJam media servers? I am saving up for my whole house system and just ran across a review of this in S&V. I had been pretty much planning on the CAV6.6 system (or B&K CT610) but this now offers me reason to pause.

Luckily I haven't saved enough yet for any system so I have some time yet to decide but I was wondering if anyone else had looked at this.

I am waiting a response from them on if the serial port (or network port) can be used to develop a plugin to be controlled/control HS. I just wanted to see if anyone else had seen this.

www.skipjam.com

Sync?

It depends what you mean by whole-house audio. Most network based systems will not be able to play the same music in several zones in sync - that is the nature of the communication protocols used. If that is important to you then it is certainly a question to bring up with the vendor. I've never used this so I don't know - but it is an issue when doing audio on networked PCs.

Comment

according to an email on the subject they can and do sync audio for "party mode" type playback. Not sure how or if it works but they say it does it. I may get one of the players to see how it works.

Comment

Working...
      X