XCam going out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XCam going out?

The last couple of days one of my X10 cameras is showing up and then going black, showing pictures, going black. I plugged it into another power supply and it does the same thing. For any of you guys that have had these go bad is the a typical symptom? Is there a common failure part that can be fixed? TIA
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp, I think you likely have a dying camera. I have had a couple go on me - none exactly like you are experiencing though. I had one that was all corroded inside and only worked periodically.

I haven't found any parts to be servicable. And x10 has been really good about replacing them. I just mail back after requesting a return number, and they wait to receive it then send a new one out.

Comment

Jeff,
      What is the warranty on these?

Comment

X10 Camera Warranty ! :

Comment

stevech,
          It sounds like Jeff has had some success.

Comment

If x10 won't replace it, then the below might be a cheap fix at $12.

http://www.supercircuits.com/STORE/p...tem=3&mitem=17
            Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

I have had NO problem with their warranty coverage. I bet 3-4 times I have returned devices that have problems - and each time they have honored their warranty. I just call them, get an RMA#, return ship it to them and they ship a new one.

I would suggest that you call their 1-800 # and explain the problem and the rationale for testing to verify that it's defective.

I think their warranty is 1 year - but it must have been purchased from them. I think they ask for the original order # to verify date and item.

What warranty issues have others had?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff:
                What warranty issues have others had? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Minor anoyances.

I had a CM11A smoke after three months, and they said that, unless I could produce the receipt, I was SOL. They also would not sell me a new CM11A, but said I had to buy the Active Home Kit again.

I had four wall switches (WS467) out of six that were bad when I bought them at Frys. X10 said I needed to return then to Frys. That's understandable, but I was trying to avoid going back to Frys, since Frys put defective returns back on the shelf (which, I'm sure, was why four out of six were bad). X10 was unsympathetic.

But no problems with my XCams (besides image quality).

Comment

Well I picked up a couple on EBay for $43. So I guess I have extra parts. I really do not like the image quality but it's so so easy to simply plug them in and go.

Comment

Rocco, I can understand that you feel burned. On the otherhand, I can see X10's perspective too - no receipt means you can't show how old it is.

Would Fry's take them back?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JeffCharger:
                      Would Fry's take them back? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, over and over again. The problem was that Fry's simply put returns back on the shelf, so I would end up with someone else's defective units. Toward the end of a sale, only the bad units are left.

It really wasn't X10's problem, and they were not hesitant to say so.

Comment

Working...
                      X