Voice Modem Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Modem Question

I would like to have homeseer make my modem pickup the phone and dial a page access code. I would then like to to play a wav file over the phone. I want to do this so I can use my phone system's built in paging function rather than adding external speakers.

Any ideas? I remember a couple of years ago I found a script to have the modem pickup and dial the digits, but I don't recall where it was, and I'm not sure about playing the sound file.

Rico,

No problem. Of course it depends on how you have your modem connected with the PBX, but in my case with the Panasonic system, 33* does a page both internal and external.

I created an event and then added a Phone action for "Dial and Speak". I told it to dial 33* and speak "This is a test of the ..."

It works. If your modem is not set up where you can do that, then it might be a different story.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Do I need Homeseer Phone in order to do that?

Comment

Yes you do, but conveniently, we sell such a product!

Regards,

Rick Tinker
        HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Comment

Rick:

I got a voice modem and download Phone demo. I can get the modem to answer, but I can not get it do dial out when I create a "phone" event in HomeSeer.

Can you suggest how to go about this.

Comment

Rick,

I bought a voice modem and installed HS Phone demo, but I can not seem to get the modem to dial any digits or speak from the HS script. It answers calls and plays the greetings fine.

Any suggestions as to how to go about getting this to work?

Comment

Rico,

Are you using HomeSeer Phone 2.0 Beta? I just made sure with this system here and it dialed successfully by voice. I tried the command (action) to dial on my production system which has the Hi-Phone and I know that works. I will dig some more, but let me know if you have HSP 2.0.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
              HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Comment

ver 2.0.111

I did a search, and I see some other threads where people have had trouble getting the newer releases to dial out. Seems like the older versions worked better. Your reply in one of the messages said something about moving from TAPI to a direct modem control, but the modem I have fully supports the conexant AT command set.

Comment

Rico,

Can you email me the script you are using? I would like to try it here and see what is happening. Also, point me to the other threads - if Rich and I have both missed them, then I would like to find them and see what is going on.

If you have a Conexant based modem but not the HS PCI Modem, then see if you can find a little bit of information for me - the model of the modem may be enough, but I am looking for which version of the AT command set it uses. The v.25Tel command set with Conexant HCF modems for instance uses the AT+ style commands while the Conexant ACF chipsets use the older AT# commands, and there is a huge difference between the two.

Thanks.

Rick Tinker
                  HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Comment

It is OEM modem, and the driver file name is HCF, so I assume it supports the HCF command set. I'm not using a script, just a manual event with the phone option set to "dial a number" then "speak". If you have a script for me to try I can do that.

Comment

Rico,

I just tried it here and it worked fine. We need to see which of the commands we are sending to the modem that your modem does not like. It may be possible to create a modem driver file for your modem to get it working.

You mentioned a script in your two other posts and that is why I was asking for a script - I see that you were actually referring to an event action so it is using HomeSeer's built-in "dial and speak" action.

If the digits are not even being dialed, then HomeSeer Phone is not getting a response back from the modem that it expects.

In HomeSeer Phone, go to View... Options... and then on the Modem tab click Advanced. There you will see a checkbox that enables the modem log view. Check that box and when you click OK and get out of the configuration, a window will appear with all of the modem commands sent and received. Run your event that dials and speaks, then copy and paste the contents of the log into an email and send it to me. (Don't post it here as it will be too long.)

I will see if I can figure out what command it is that your modem is not liking or what response it is giving that HomeSeer Phone is not liking.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
                      HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Comment

ok so is the voice modem the Way2Call device or the HS PCI modem ?

Comment

It's the HS PCI modem.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It works.....

Now with the Panasonic phone system installed I can call an internal phone extention. Page 33* and talk. or dial 9, and the number and get to an outside line. This is what it is all about. With the Netcaller ID and PCI modem and Panasonic phone system i am fast finding ways to do more and more

Comment

Working...
                            X