No announcement yet.

The Perfect Home Automation Phone with USB Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil, were you able to get functional drivers to load on XP?

Henry

Comment

Henry,
      Sorry to say that no, I am not able to get the USB driver to work under XP.
      It's kinda sad because this phone has so much potential for home automation. But Aastra has stopped support after Windows 98se.

Aastra / Nortel

Although I think it would be very easy for them to update the driver.
      The Stock software is really great and What i did was Partition off part of my Hard Drive to boot Windows 98 just to get the data from the phone and use the Call Manager Software.
      I did read somewhere that someone got it to work on XP, but search the internet everywhere to no avail.
      Please let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas on using this great phone.
      Phil.

Comment

I haven't been monitoring the boards as often as I used to. Almost missed your post. No ideas other than writing a driver, or running windows 98. The last time I've done any low level programming was in the mid 80's, and things have changed considerably since then. I suspect the application would run under compatability mode. XP is supposed to be able to load a driver under compatibility mode, but I got diverted and stopped searching for methods. If you find a way to do it, please post, and I'll do the same.

Henry

Comment

A driver has been written for the Nortel USB Phone.
          It can be downloaded here: http://www.ultimeth.com
          USB interface will now work on Windows XP
          Phil

Comment

Phil,

I have a Nortel 9617 as my office phone, and I absolutely love it. It interfaces with a TAPI program, which in turn allows me to log information for both incoming and outgoing calls.

My question to you is, as part of your HA system, are you able to issue voice commands through the phone and have the computer process the voice as if it were spoken into a microphone? If so, what program are you using?

Gary Krohn

Comment

Gary,
              I have never attempted to use voice commands through my 9617. Just use it to log calls in and out.

May I ask what TAPI program you are using ?
              Might be interested in it myself.
              Thanks, Phil

Comment

need manual for Meridian 9617

Howdy everyone

I just got the Meridian 9617 but it did not come with the manual. Also can someone tell me if it is working or do I just need to program the display? The display is not lighting up or showing anything.
                Need help Please!!

Bev.

Comment

Originally posted by bwilson61 View Post
                  Howdy everyone

I just got the Meridian 9617 but it did not come with the manual. Also can someone tell me if it is working or do I just need to program the display? The display is not lighting up or showing anything.
                  Need help Please!!

Bev.
                  Do you have the power supply for it? (Won;t display without that)
                  Display should light up, and show date and time, caller ID, etc..
                  You will also need the software. But the original software only works in Windows 98.
                  A driver has been written for Windows XP however.
                  Pretty easy to interface to HS if you can write some simple code.
                  Hope that helps a little.

Comment

Hey Phil,

have you been able to get a script on it yet?

I have one of these phones that I bought YEARS ago and, thanks to this post, I can use it again!!!!!

I am so supper stoked!
                    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

How many shares of Nortel do you own?
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                        Hey Phil,

have you been able to get a script on it yet?

I have one of these phones that I bought YEARS ago and, thanks to this post, I can use it again!!!!!

I am so supper stoked!
                        Never wrote any scripts for it.
                        Would love to tinker with the idea.
                        If you try anything , please post and let me know. Thanks Phil

Comment

Working...
                        X