weather page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weather page

How would I go about grabbing the graphical weather forecast information from http://www.weather.com/weather/print/60601 and put it on my own web page? I remember having done it before but it's been a while.

If not, what are the good graphical weather scripts out there today? Dont really want the forecast spoken to me, rather view it.

Thanks for any help!

The page is already formatted perfectly. Why not simply put a link to that page from you site? This would save you a ton of work reformatting the page and if they changed the layout (which they often do) you would not have to worry about changing the parsing.

This is exactly what I did with this page. See it at Ruppworld.com

-Rupp

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Sounds pretty easy. But of course your '5 day forecast' page is very nice. Is it a custom made page or is it available for others?

Thanks

Comment

I was talking about the 10 day forcast link. The 5 day is custom but its a bit messed up because the flash player starts each time you visit the page. Have a look at the 10 day.

-Rupp

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Look for a copy of Weatherman somewhere here (Rupp will find the link) ;-) To get you started. Not sure if Mike still maintains it, but after making a couple of minor changes to it this spring it has been running fine here. For some nice ASPs displaying the information from Weatherman, including having the weather scroll across the top of your ASPs, check out Jeff Farmer's (CFGuy) custom links/menu links and weather ASPs.

There is also a new plug-in that I just loaded into the updater called WeatherPLUG which you can trial and see if its popup weather update is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
          HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
          X