Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Displaying Variable Weather Data as Text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying Variable Weather Data as Text?

I have the Virtual Weather Station Plug-In and it generates several Homeseer devices with numeric information. Various weather data are generated of a numerical nature. I would like to take some of this numeric data and display it on the Leopard Screen. In the Leopard WriteScreen command, there is a field for text information and I was wondering how to use this text field in the WriteScreen command to display the variable numeric data that the VWS Weather Station returns. Actually, if I can get the variable weather data into a text string, then I should be able to handle the Leopard part. Thanks in advance for the help !!!!!!!

Try this

r = 232.34
    strR = cstr(r)

now strR = "232.34"

-Rupp

How come "abbreviated" is such a long word?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp
      Thanks for your quick reply. For the Leopard unit, there is a field for text. Of course the text is enclosed in quotes. To get the floating point value I'm assuming I would do something like this: Temp = hs.DeviceStringByName("VWS Outside Temperature"). This would give the floating point value, then I am assuming I would do what you explained above to get it to a string.
      Am I correct so far? Then to use it with the Leopard Display, I would put strR between quotes something like this: "strR" and this would display the value on the screen? Basically the text field for the Leopard is looking for a text string between quotes. Normally if you wanted to display a message on the screen like hello Leopard, you would do something like this: "Hello to the Leopard Display". Am I on base or off base?
      Thanks again for all your help !!!!!!!

Comment

Everything sounds fine except for the "strR" part. I believe if you type "strR" you will see strR and not the value. Try it without the quotes and see if it will work.

-Rupp

How come "abbreviated" is such a long word?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X