Email triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Question.

If an email with a command in subject line.
    executes a action, then

.... how does one disable it?

This would indicate that HS would respond to any and all emails received??

... 100's from anyone?

Correct ?

HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

Straight from the help file:

Set the EMAIL from field to the address that is authorized to send you email commands. You can click the all addresses box, but this will allow anyone to control your devices via email. You most likely do not want this type of open access.

-Rupp
      Why don't they just make mouse-flavored cat food?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Rupp that is a know definition, thanks

BUT listen to this further ....

With no entries set for email trigger set.

HS executes a command "when in the proper syntax"
        execX10:A14,On

when the subject line of an email contains the command.

I do not see any method of disabling this?
        (HS does check email every X minutes)

Everyone sent an email to your HS, email checking, server with string;

execX10:A14,On

in the subject line. HS will process this command. Or in my case, it does and I can not seem to stop this function.

Security is open to any email received with a command in subject line. Right?

Let me know what you find.
        Thanks in advance.
        Richard
        HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

I am having a problem receiving email on HS. I am using outlook express and have HS set to MAPI. No problem sending email notifications but it does not seem to be checking the inbox. OE is minimized and receiving the messages. I think I am missing something in the configuration. Any ideas?

Comment

Do you have the Check for mail every X minutes checked? When HS starts up do you get any email errors?

-Rupp

-Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Yes I have it check every 5 minutes. I didn't see any errors in the start-up but I will recheck that this evening.

Comment

You will also need some type of event that triggers on email received. Set up a test event to speak mail has arrived or something similar to test to see if HS is actually checking your mail.

-Rupp

-Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Problem solved. I was trying to send commands from the subject line but I did not have any email triggered events. As soon as I added one event HS started checking the inbox.

Now that it is working I'm not clear on how best to use email triggering. If an event triggers based on receiving mail from a given address, does one need multiple addresses to trigger different events?

Comment

Only list email address that are allow to trigger events and send X10 commands.

-Rupp

{{{{{{{{{{ Remember the reason for the season }}}}}}}}}}
                    -Rupp
                    sigpic

Comment

I have been trying for two days to get the email triggering function to work.

XP Pro, SP1a.

I have tried POP3 and MAPI. Nothing works.
                      Anyone have any ideas?

John

Comment

Finally got the email functionality to work. I had to create a 'dummy' event called CHECK MAIL that has a trigger set to EMAIL RECEPTION. Had the Options set to check my POP3 for mail every minute. No further actions were required.

I kind of wish this was spelled out in the literature. Homeseer is a nice program but the lit is poor!!

Comment

Working...
                        X