No announcement yet.

Pool and spa control project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking the t idea, what if you put a metal plug in it and drill partially through the metal plug so that your temp sensor sould be epoxied into the metal. That way the metal would conduct the heat and there would not be any issue with leakage and the sensor would be out of the liquid. Of course, this approach would mute some of the temp change transients as there would be more mass to heat / cool. The thinner the plug, the faster response. Maybe even a copper plug (brass?)?

Comment

Slow down for the newbies

Could you guy's slow down, its taken me weeks to get the lights working nearly right. I just got my touch screen, HVAC controls still not hooked up but I have the equipemnt, IR still needs to learn Ocelot so I can control the A/V equipement and nowhere near any security controls and now you start on the pool.
      Maybe I could start one of those co-op things where a bunch of guy's come in for a day and all do there thing, or I could simply take a year off work and catch up with the rest of you.
      Sincerely, I love this forum, the motto should be if it ain't broke, break it and connect it to HS. Someone will always write a script for it anyway.
      I should get to the pool setup by Feb.
      Thanks to all who share their incredible imagination and talent.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by goddard99
        if it ain't broke, break it and connect it to HS
        LOL... funny.

college, sorry if I missed it but i read through and couldn't find anything about how you were connecting to the gas heater. I'm assuming your gas heater is millivolt which is difficult to wire into. I've been wanting to do this but wasn't sure if I could just rely on the heater's pressure switch to turn down the flame when the pump isn't running. Is this a good idea? obviously I'd have to find a way to interrupt one or both legs of the 220 circuit with X10.

Would interrupting one leg of the 110 with X10 be sufficient and safe? There would still be breakers upstream so it wouldn't seem like i'm introducing any additional risk.

thanks,
        dan

Comment

Jeff,
          The plug is one of the screw in PVC plugs. Sorta like the sewer clean outs but much smaller.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X