Cool new products........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool new products........

Ran across this in the most recent issue of EH magazine...... The whole product line looks like it has potential, wonder what the pricing will be like ???

http://www.nobuusa.com/Products/N12WTS.htm

Nobu has been around for a few years now. We used on in our booth at CES in January of this year. It is a touchscreen and computer all-in-one. You will see them at EH Expo in a week and a half if you are going to be on the left coast in the L.A. area.

I think Worthington sells them and can quote prices for you.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Any "rough" estimate of the cost? Or is it "If you have to ask it cost too much" type thing?

-Rupp
      Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Assuming price is not extreme - would Nobu be a good choice for use with the new Touchpad Plug-in? I am a total newbie on touchscreens, but am really interested now that the plug-in is out. This Nobu looks like it would be great on the kitchen wall. Anyone using one? How well does it interface with HomeSeer?

Mark
        Mark

Comment

it kinda reminds of the news.com article I just read yesterday, but if the device is similar, it isn't going to be cheap, check out http://news.com.com/2100-1003_3-5097013.html

HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
          (aka xplosiv)
          Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

I actually called them today. They will be sending me some info via email. I believe they may also be contacting HomeSeer to talk some business. The prices I got were starting around $1500. If I get the email info, I post more details.

Comment

Wow. In that same price range, you can actually pick up the low to mid line Microsoft Tablet PCs. They're all-in-one PCs too, with built-in hard drives, 802.11, "tabletized" versions of the XP operating system and Office apps, etc. Just thinking if I was going to spend that kind of money, I'd want a more mainstream and versatile piece of hardware. If you're not familiar with Tablet PC, you can check it out here: http://www.microsoft.com/tabletpc

For PocketPC, Palm, and cell phone control:
              http://www.homeseer.com/products/plugins/wapseer2/

Comment

http://www.nextag.com/Compaq_TABLET_..._pczmainz2-htm

-Rupp
                Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The 15" model is much better, if it can use stylus or finger instead of electronic pen would be a big plus.

Comment

check e-bay someone is selling fujitsu stylistic 3400 tablerts, these are a 400 mhz processor with a 1024 res display, i piced 2 up from him for under 400 each !!! they are awsome, i installed a linksystem wirless lan card and i run ie in full screen mode on them, works excellently with homeseer

detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting
                    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Are those faster than a Progrear? I like my Viewpad 1000 and its fast but I don't like the fact that it has a fan that comes on and off. Does this one have a fan? I am beginning to think that 400Mhz is about as fast as you can get without either the weight beig too heavy or the fan being noisy. I would consider an Airpanel but the price is high for what you get.

Nice find.

John
                      John

Comment

i have 8 fujitu 510's the 100mhz machines and this new one is 1/2 the weight, i have had it on for over 24 hours now with the screen on and it dosnt get as warm as my laptop and no sound of a fan.

its running great

Comment

What was the Ebay vendors name?
                          John

Comment

fujitsu2u

i have spoken to the guy on the phone and it would seem he has several of these for sale,

Comment

I bought some of these in a bulk purchase. I have a pair left. Please contact me for details.

Mark

salesNOSPAM@mythinkinghome.com

remove the NOSPAM.

LyonsHome.NET

Comment

Working...
                              X