No announcement yet.

$36 USB Sound Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I bought one off Ebay and it went up in smoke in 2 days.... I had to send it back to Hong Kong. Not fun... so I went with a M-Audio Delta 410 card and have not regreted it a bit. Media Center will use that card and give you 5 independant zones. If your looking for a good USB device then go with the Xitel Pro HI-FI Link. The cables alone are worth what you will pay for it. It comes with 3 30 foot cables. One TOS, one digital coax and 1 a high quality pair of RCA.

John
    John

Comment

John,

Does a single instance of JR Media center support 5 different streams of audio simultaneously? If so, does NetRemote support this functionality as well?

Comment

I'd like to find a $36 ethernet sound player!

Comment

I ended buying a Griffin iMic USB audio device. It works great. I'm using it for TTS and VR. I built a new PC and the mobo has built-in audio (Soundstorm, supposed to be the best mobo audio around, rivaling audigy PCI) and use it's SPDIF out for JR Media Center, which works great as well.

I did notice, though, that when a TTS announcement played while I was listening to music, the music would occasionally stutter, I fixed this by increasing the buffering to .5 seconds in JRMC (although it still happens occasionally).

Those of you that are running multiple zones on JRMC, do you ever experience stuttering, or is my experience unique?
          John
          Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
          Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
          HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
          Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I've been running a Creative MP3+ for going on a year now and love it. Its got RCA and SPDIF in's & out's and works perfectly. Not real sure what the load on my USB bus is though I'm pretty sure its kind of high on 1.1. I picked it up for $40 at Circuit City and have seen them priced the same all over the place, even Wal-Mart.

Comment

Working...
            X