Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fireball
    Guest replied
    I've been running a Creative MP3+ for going on a year now and love it. Its got RCA and SPDIF in's & out's and works perfectly. Not real sure what the load on my USB bus is though I'm pretty sure its kind of high on 1.1. I picked it up for $40 at Circuit City and have seen them priced the same all over the place, even Wal-Mart.

Leave a comment:

• jrfuda
    replied
    I ended buying a Griffin iMic USB audio device. It works great. I'm using it for TTS and VR. I built a new PC and the mobo has built-in audio (Soundstorm, supposed to be the best mobo audio around, rivaling audigy PCI) and use it's SPDIF out for JR Media Center, which works great as well.

I did notice, though, that when a TTS announcement played while I was listening to music, the music would occasionally stutter, I fixed this by increasing the buffering to .5 seconds in JRMC (although it still happens occasionally).

Those of you that are running multiple zones on JRMC, do you ever experience stuttering, or is my experience unique?

Leave a comment:

• Stevech
    replied
    I'd like to find a $36 ethernet sound player!

Leave a comment:

• kellebr
    Guest replied
    John,

Does a single instance of JR Media center support 5 different streams of audio simultaneously? If so, does NetRemote support this functionality as well?

Leave a comment:

• jwilson56
    replied
    Well I bought one off Ebay and it went up in smoke in 2 days.... I had to send it back to Hong Kong. Not fun... so I went with a M-Audio Delta 410 card and have not regreted it a bit. Media Center will use that card and give you 5 independant zones. If your looking for a good USB device then go with the Xitel Pro HI-FI Link. The cables alone are worth what you will pay for it. It comes with 3 30 foot cables. One TOS, one digital coax and 1 a high quality pair of RCA.

John

Leave a comment:

• jrfuda
    replied
    Good Q Wayne, I've been postponing getting one of these myself. How much USB bandwidth do they consume? My server's USB andwidth is almost completely consumed by webcams currently, so adding one of these may "break the camel's back" if it's bandwidth intense.

Leave a comment:

• WayneW
    replied
    How has the long term testing gone for these gadgets? Any problems using multiple units on the same computer? Any problems mixing these and regular PCI sound cards?

I think this might be the actual manufacturer and they have a good price of $29.99.
    http://www.siig.com/product.asp?catid=13&pid=401

For basic analog audio in/out, they have this unit for only $19.99
    http://www.siig.com/product.asp?catid=16&pid=572

Leave a comment:

• collegeboyslive
    replied
    if i were to put 4 of these ontot a computer what sort of load will it put on the system if they were all running at once?

what speed computer would i need as a media server?

detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Leave a comment:

• Robcoll
    Guest replied
    output only

Leave a comment:

• dovla
    Guest replied
    Does it accept Toslink input or is it one way (output) only? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• stevene
    replied
    JR

I was actually thinking of the same thing I wanted to use
    2 or 3 of them with seeramp when it is a little more polished.

StevenE

Leave a comment:

• jrfuda
    replied
    OK, these just found their way onto my "to purchase" list. I didn't realize at first look that they had analog and digital outs. I'll be able to use my cheapo sound card for HomeSeer and two of these for music. Sweet!

jrfuda | My HomeSeer | HomeSeer Webring | My Profile

Leave a comment:

• smee
    Guest replied
    I'm glad to hear that. I was told by a manufacturer that it would not work but I never tested it.

Leave a comment:

• stevene
    replied
    Seems Good,

Well I popped a second one onto my windows 2000 machine.
    it found it loaded the drive and from control-panel -> sound
    I can choose usb audio or usb audio(1).

I can choose either 1 and play sound fine.
    Hope that helps.

StevenE

Leave a comment:

• stevene
    replied
    Well,
    Not exactly I am using them on 3 different pc's I think
    they sound better than the built in sound cards.

If I have time tonight I will plug a second one into a PC
    and see if it works.

StevenE

Leave a comment:

Working...
X