Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veo Observer Pan/Tilt IP Camera (Network, CCD, 1 lux, $199)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veo Observer Pan/Tilt IP Camera (Network, CCD, 1 lux, $199)

http://www.smarthome.com/7539.html

Anyone have one? If so, please share sample images.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

I work with a guy that has the wireless version and the images across the web are pretty good(as seen from work). I can see if he will send me some pictures but he will not be back to work until the 5th.

Another good USB pan and tilt camera is the new Logitech Oribit.

http://www.everythingusb.com/hardwar...kCam_Orbit.htm

-Rupp

{{{{{{{{{{ Remember the reason for the season }}}}}}}}}}
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp!
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

and it works great. Paid less than that though.
        HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

thymer,
          Where did you find a better deal?

regards,

GenevaDude

http://AutomatedHome.org http://genevadude.com http://GoldenBuffet.biz

Comment

Buy.com has it for $162 check here.

Comment

I have one looking at my porch. You can take a look at childress.ods.org (guest, guest) and select web cams from the menu bar. The live shot is grabing a jpg at once per second and displaying it.

Frank

Comment

Do you have this mounted outside?

-Rupp

Comment

Sort of ... Its mounted on the inside of my porch. So it is exposed to cold temps, but no moisture. I'll attach a picture. The second camera from the driveway is an X10 mounted outside ... considering tuning it up with a brick.

Frank
                  Attached Files

Comment

This looks like the wireless version? Is it?

Also, Is the porch fully enclosed or is it a screened in porch?
                    -Rupp

Comment

No it's the wired version and the porch is fully enclosed glass with screen. Necesity in Wisconsin.

Frank

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
                        Another good USB pan and tilt camera is the new Logitech Oribit.

http://www.everythingusb.com/hardwar...kCam_Orbit.htm
                        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That camera looks very promising and inexpensive, here are some select specs from the logitech site:
                        <UL TYPE=SQUARE>- Keep the camera on you with the mechanical pan-and-tilt technology and automatic face-tracking software
                        - Works with both USB 2.0 and 1.1
                        - Video capture: Up to 640 x 480 pixels
                        - Still image capture: Up to 1280 x 960 pixels
                        - Frame rate: Up to 30 frames per second (with recommended system)
                        - Mechanical pan and tilt feature allows the webcam to physically turn 128 degrees side-to-side (for an almost 180-degree horizontal view), and 54 degrees up-and-down (for an almost 90-degree vertical view)
                        - Built-in microphone
                        - High-quality VGA CCD sensor[/list]

Looks rather plugin worthy, especially if it becomes a standard for future quickcam releases. Would be neat if someone could hack the face tracking software to track any sort of motion (or maybe it already can). I know the video portion can be handled by the existing HST plugin, but the pan/tilt/tracking feature would require something else.

John | My HomeSeer | HomeSeer Webring | See My Profile for system configuration
                        John
                        Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                        Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                        HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                        Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I played with one at Staples a few days ago and the face tracking software didn't seem to work all that well. I was only successful getting the tracking to work a couple of times after staring at the camera for several minutes. The image was nice though.

-Rupp

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was only successful getting the tracking to work a couple of times after staring at the camera for several minutes. The image was nice though.
                            <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you probably didn't mean it that way, Rupp, but that sure sounds subjective to me! LOL!

- Gordon

Write your Congresspeople that we want tighter anti-spam legislation. The new CANSPAM act actually gives marketers the right to spam you at least once, and you have to opt-out with each business. Who's rights are being protected? Business, not the peoples'. See http://www.cauce.org .
                            |
                            | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                            HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Well it wasn't my image that looked good that's for sure. It was the image that the camera produced.

I'm still laughing.

-Rupp

Comment

Working...
                              X