• Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is better? CM17A or CM11A?

Which is better to use with homeseer?

CM17A

Thanks,
    Fg

CM11A is a 2 way com device and the firecracker is one way only. The CM11A is superior for home automation if you want to have conditional events.

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

However it goes a bit further than just conditional events. Ea: If the living room lamp is on, then do whatever.

The FIrecracker (CM17) is one way, and thus only send signals out. On the other hand, the 2 way interface (CM11) lest you control the Home Seer systems with a Palm Pad, Table remote ect. It also allows you to use motion sensors and activated devices based on that as well. For instance you Could press button one on a remote and have it activate a script in HS to say "comming Home". HS would then "Hear" this and be able to turn on the entry lights, de-activate the alarm, play your voice messages ect ect.

I used the Firecracker interface for the first year with HS and thought it was cool. I could not beleive the world that opened up when I got the CM11 a few years ago.

To sound like a bad late night hair replacement commercial: "If I knew what I was missing, I would have done it sooner!"
      Visit My Home Seer Site at:
      www.JohnWPB.com
      Created with LCARS

Comment

go with the CM11A for the 2-way control...you won't look back.

Comment

Even better if you have not purchased anything is to go with a more reliable interface. There have been issues with some CM11As over the years, and as Rupp put it once I got beat up bad enough that I routinely diss the CM11A, but truly the newer interfaces such as the PowerLinc USB are pretty inexpensive and work well. If the newer CM19A works well and we add support for it, then that might be another inexpensive solution. I have just been burned by bad CM11As enough over the years that they are never on my "recommended" list.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
          HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
          X