Aussie 1 wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie 1 wire

Does anyone know someone who sells 1 wire gear in Australia??

A quick Google found:

http://www.thermodata.com.au/

Arrow Electronics distribute Dallas/Maxim semiconductors http://www.arrowasia.com

You can also get a good service from AAG Electronica http://www.aagelectronica.com/ in the USA. Use the US postal service option as it is cheap and quick (to the UK at least).
    Jon

Comment

Hey Andy,

Let me know how it goes, I've been meaning to have a look at the 1 wire stuff to do more temp sensor work. They also have a temp and light sensor which could come in handy.

Comment

I have 4 temperature sensors which run very well and reliably.

I also currently have two 1-wire DS2405 switches connected to a temp08 driving relays controlling garden lighting ( located 45 metres away from the temp08 ). I use mcstemperature to control and monitor the whole thing. I am intending on adding another 15 or so DS2405 switches for further lighting control.

I have used "The Link" as well, and found that very fast for switching control.

I have noticed that the "Link" 1-wire adaptor has disappeared from the aag web site.

Comment

1-wire tangent US comments

I currently use TEMP05 & TEMP08.

Using TEMP05 for numerous Temperature & Temperature-Humidity sensors.
          Using TEMP08 for AAG Weather station, lightning detector, rain guage and a couple of temperature sensors.

Wish list device: 1-wire barometer (using a glass tube now - antique)

Currently have TEMP05 set up for inside of the house and TEMP08 for outside.

Also using MCSTemperature plugin for TEMP08 and a generic script for TEMP08 readings.

Also utilize a few Omni Pro II temperature/Humidity sensors in addition to 1-wire.

Been using 1-wire devices since I first read about them.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

1wire

hi all have a look at the dallas web site,i got a usb interface and a few sensors for nothing, niko

Comment

You may be able to get two sensors free from Dallas. I managed to get for free two of their DS18S20 1 wire digital Thermometer.
              Just go on their website for more details etc.
              www.maxim-ic.com
              You may also be able to order direct if you require more.

Comment

Thanks!! I had no idea Dallas gave out samples like that....very handy for what I needed. Thanks again

Comment

Those weather station units look pretty cool. Is anyone here in Oz using something similar? I would like to measure wind speed, direction, temp & humidity. A rain gauge woudl be nice too (-:

Cheers,
                  Scozza.

Comment

I use a Davis Weather Wizard 3 interfaced to homeseer using a program called Weather Display. Also, a range of AAG Electronica sensors and 1-wire temp sensors which I got as free samples from Dallas...great value!!

Cheers

Andy

Comment

I have been looking at a LaCrosse wireless weather station. Has anyone heard if they are any good?

Cheers,

Scott.
                      <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle colSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=main vAlign=bottom align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=pageHeading vAlign=top colSpan=2>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Slam, I also run the Weather Display software for a weather system. You will find a wealth of information on different weather system devices and 1-wire solutions by cruising their site. Here's the link http://www.weather-display.com/index.php

Comment

Andy,

Which sensors did you use from Dallas? I'm just about to shop around for a weather wizard, seems there are only a handful of suppliers here in Australia selling them! Did you just get the basic unit or did you get one of the complete systems?

Cheers,
                          Scott.

Comment

Hey Scott

The samples I ordered from Dallas were the DS18S20 - 1-Wire Parasite-Power Digital Thermometer. I think they sent me 2 free samples but it complimented the aag sensors I already had.

In regards to the Weather Wizard, check out this supplier in Melbourne. Its where I bought mine and the price has not moved in about 3 years. This package is a complete package which includes the rainfall collector. Note that the Weather Wizard does not do humidity or barometric pressure which is why I bought the 1-wire gear. The link is:

http://www.davisinstruments.com.au/p..._complete.html

Remember also that to interface to programs like Weather Display you will need to buy the Weatherlink interface which is where things start to get a bit pricey. This interface alone is AU$286. Here is the link:

http://www.davisinstruments.com.au/p...r_windows.html

Hope this helps

Cheers

Andy

Comment

Thanks Andy,
                              Ouch, that extra software cost makes it quite exxie! I'm now seriously considering one of the Lacrosse units as they are much cheaper. I'm not sure I would get the value out of the Davis unit )-: I will dig a bit deeper into the 1 wire solution as well, I have received a couple of samples from Dallas but not the sensor you used, I will have to try and wangle a couple of those as well. At the end of the day I will just be using the weather station to measure rain and keep track of temp & humidity so I suppose the cheapie will suffice. If I win the lotto I will lash out and get a vantage wireless <g>.

Cheers,

Scott.

Comment

Working...
                              X