No announcement yet.

Water Meter Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've contacted jerman.com about the 3/4 inch 1/10 resolution meter, he said he would charge $119.95 for it, or 99.95 for the 1 gallon resolution meter.

I told him I was interested in the 1/10 resolution, and asked him about a group discount if there is enough interest to order several...

He said that if we buy 20+ units he can knock off $10 each unit, making them $109.95 per meter.

I myself would be interested in either 1 or possibly 2. I'd like to monitor the water going into the hot water heater as well.

Do you think there would be enough interest to get our quantity up to 20?

Also maybe would could get a group discount on the one-wire counters, or see about building them ourselfs to attach to this.

Joe
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

That's funny because I ordered one last summer and the cost was stated to be a $50 surcharge to change it to the 1/10 resolution. So I called back to give them the go ahead and then I was told that they couldn't do the 1/10 on this meter? Oh well.

In retrospect when you used 50-60K gallons per month measuring in 10ths isn't really worth the cost.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

for figuring out the cost of water etc... 1/10 of a gallon is useless, but for leak detection it could be perfect.

I was figuring that the 1/10 resolution would be nice because if you were gone to work and see that you've used a 1/10 of a gallon, you can go see which faucet you didn't turn off completely, of if you have a leaky toilet etc.

Joe
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Joe,
          That's what I thought as well but what about that dang ice maker that always gets in the way.

Don't get me wrong. I wish I had the 1/10th unit but I don't. I haven't even hooked mine up yet because here in the south our meters are in the ground out at the street and I just can't get in the mood to dig a long trench and run all the wires.

Comment

Running wires from the street? Shouldn't you just be able to shut the water off, cut the line that comes into your house and put the new meter inline there?

I can relate about not being in the mood to dig a trench... my sump pump has been spewing into my front lawn since Feb, I'm just too lazy to dig the dry well and trench... I even purchased a new shovel for the task... and that is sitting in my living room helping hold the walls up
            Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zimmer62:
              Running wires from the street? Shouldn't you just be able to shut the water off, cut the line that comes into your house and put the new meter inline there?
              That would be nice but my sprinkler system is tied into the main 4 inches outside the meter. They do this to tie in before the pressure regulator. So if I tap in at the house I would miss 90% of my water usage. Being in the south where all of the water "connections" are at the street makes this stuff much more work than it aught to be. Also not having basements makes it even more of a pain to do the "dirty" work.

I can relate about not being in the mood to dig a trench... my sump pump has been spewing into my front lawn since Feb, I'm just too lazy to dig the dry well and trench... I even purchased a new shovel for the task... and that is sitting in my living room helping hold the walls up <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Put me down for one, I only have a 3/4" city meter so I'll just put a private meter behind that 3/4" would be best for me.

Want to ask about 3/4" automated shutoff valves too. Is anyone doing this? Any advice?
                I had a washer fill valve stick open which flooded my basement. I'd love to monitor both water usage and have water sensors in the basement that could detect and shut off the main if needed. I have an ocelot so counting and dI/O control isn't a problem.

Thanks
                Tim

Comment

WaterCop is a good reliable choice.

http://www.smarthome.com/7165.HTML

or

http://www.smarthome.com/7115.html

or

http://www.smarthome.com/7115H.html

Comment

Working...
                  X